»www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2···518b11c4

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are
Premium,Ex-Mod 06-11
join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA
reply to skj

said by skj:

Roads are said to be worse today, than yesterday.

Went out for a drive once we had +freezing temps and the ice was 'soft'.. Still ugly.. PIB was clear in spots, but mostly just ruts. QuickTrip on PIB was open, but that was about it.

285 looked like it was moving, but was far from what I'd call clear.
--
It's a fact : Chicks dig Mafia players.
'Wanna help buy a goat?' - »www.kiva.org

JollyStomper
The Funky Feel One
Premium
join:2003-03-16
Level 15
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to Flagger

Reporting from the "souf side" here. Roads for the most part seem okay now. Still some patches here and there, but I've been working from home all week. May as well finish it out from home tomorrow...
--
"As I was sayin' buster, this planet ain't big enough for the two of us so... OFF YA GO!"

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
reply to Flagger

My driveway is still a 1/2" sheet of ice. The subdivision rods are not much better.

May venture out tomorrow night.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1
reply to Flagger

All the area schools are still closed.

No mail delivery now for 4 days.

Flagger
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Weimville
reply to Flagger

We got mail and it was nothing but bills.

mojo1

join:2006-12-05
Atlanta, GA

Office opened Mon AM and I was there at 7:30. Roads were covered, but not treacherous as the news described. We put about 50 people in a hotel Sunday night to make sure we could function Monday. It worked well and everyone had a good time. The only thing anyone could talk about was how glad they were that they were not stuck in the house.

The media really spins this stuff to make it sound like Snowpocolypse. Sure, the roads were a little slippery, but not impassable. The hardest part was finding restaurants open that could serve that many people, but we managed rather well. Expensive, yes. But much cheaper than losing customers.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
Reviews:
·EarthLink
·Comcast
·Atlantic Nexus

You must not live in a neighborhood like mine. Sheer ice and steep hills. I cant get out of my driveway as it is real steep. Heck, when there are some wet leaves, I can get up it.

Sections of I285, I20, 78 were closed until yesterday afternoon, most in Dekalb. Even sections that were drivable had on ramps closed.

I20 seems to have been the center for the ice/snow transition.

Monday roads were not bad, but Tues/Wed they became impassable here as the little bit that melted froze back over.
--
Scott Henion

Embedded Systems Consultant,
SHDesigns home - DIY Welder

mojo1

join:2006-12-05
Atlanta, GA

Not impassable when there is a nationwide business to run in order to maintain income. I live on Peachtree Rd in Atlanta on Cardiac Hill. I have driven many places since Monday. The only treacherous conditions I encountered were other people on the roads that thought they were invincible.

Don't get me wrong. It was not business as usual. There were conditions to consider. But, I chose to not stick my head in my shell and make sure our business ran as normally as possible. I can't wait for the news stories about the small businesses that "suffered" because of the snow. At some point, people need to take responsibility for their own decisions.

Flagger
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Weimville
reply to Flagger

Our district will make up the days through the previously scheduled furlough dates in March and take away the week of the February break save for the holiday on President's Day.

We already have a trip planned with non-refundable airline, hotel and cruise tickets. Tough noogies if she will go to school.
--
Follow us on twitter * Become our friend on Facebook * Read our BLOG

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911

join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA
reply to Flagger

Well, I just got done putting in my payroll for this event.

10 hours monday at the overtime rate (1.5 first 9,double time for 1) and 8 hours regular time for my scheduled hours.....But since I was here for the entire night shift my scheduled hours are paid at time and a half....

off day was tuesday but I worked 16 hours of overtime all paid at the double time rate....

Wensday I worked 24 hours....8 were scheduled and at the 1.5 rate, the other 16 at the doubletime rate.

Next friday the beers are on me!

As I've always said, where theres confusion or chaos theres pocket change to be had!!!
--
Protect your right to keep and arm bears!

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South
reply to Flagger

School districts can apply for a waiver to the 180 day requirement. Since all the area school districts were off for the whole week, I wonder if the state will grant an area wide waiver.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

The_ANoN

@charter.com

Snowmaggedon? Try dealing with 3-4 feet of snow we had in DC last year. I couldn't get out my front door and couldnt even see my car! It wasn't even possible to even attempt to drive. But yeah Im in ATL now and I'm surprised my school has been closed for 6 days. Im not used to the lengthly closings, but I know GA is not used to the snow either.

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South

It is not the snow, but the ice. I am from the north and am used to heavy snowfalls, but when you have ice it is a whole different ballgame, especially when there is a lack of equipment to deal with the conditions.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner