uniqs
MustNotSleep
join:2011-01-07

MustNotSleep

[Config] Cisco DDR2201 port forwarding

Click for full size
Virtual Servers config
Hi,

I've been trying to setup port forwarding on a Cisco DDR2201 which was given to me by my IPTV provider, and so far I am fairly impressed by the features and performance of the device.

However, setting up a port forward, which is pretty trivial to do on other routers, has been giving me a hard time.

Cisco refers to port forwarding as "Virtual Servers". So in the web admin, under Advanced > IP Networking > NAT > Virtual Servers, I have defined the configuration according to the manual and help. See attachment. However, the router still won't forward packets to the internal network device. I have tried rebooting and unplugging the router, and while I think the configuration there is right, I'm not sure if there's anything else I need to configure for this to work.

Let me know if there's something I'm missing here.

Thanks in advance.

MNS

cavanopa
@codetel.net.do

cavanopa

Anon

Hi there!

I also have this cisco router and also made the configuration on PORT TRIGGERING tap and my applications are functioning as well. Try to setup the ports on both (Virtual Servers and Port Triggering taps).
MustNotSleep

MustNotSleep

Hi, thanks for your reply.

However, it doesn't make sense to enable Port Triggering, those are two different features. I never needed to configure Port Triggering on any other router before for this to work.

Besides, in my case the connection is not initiated by the LAN device (critical in order to make Port Triggering work), it will always come from the WAN side. I just need the router to forward these packets to my internal server.

But, I still gave it a shot and it didn't work.

I also noticed that when I setup a Virtual Server for SSH on port 22, the Web UI informs me that the router's own SSH will be moved to port 2222 in order for port 22 to be forwarded. However, this doesn't happen, even after reboot. If I try to SSH to my WAN IP on port 22, I will get the router's SSH prompt. :-S

I imagine it's possible to configure port forwarding through the command line, though I took a quick look and didn't see any NAT-related options.

Any help is appreciated.
MustNotSleep

MustNotSleep

Anyone?
MustNotSleep

MustNotSleep

Guys, please, this has been driving me crazy for a month now. I've read through the Cisco manual, and it doesn't give any other information aside what I already have configured.

Why won't port forwarding work on this router?!

OvrQualified
Slightly Ahead Of Time
Premium Member
join:2002-01-27
Winter Park, FL

OvrQualified to MustNotSleep

Premium Member

to MustNotSleep
Does a host receive packets if it's placed in the DMZ?
MustNotSleep

MustNotSleep

Nope, tried that as well. :-(

Does someone own this or a similar router? I'd like to know if there's anything else to setup other than the Virtual Servers.