K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

3 edits

Hayward0 to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall

Re: Which Sattelite or Cable company has the best HD?

said by Hall:

Also, too many people with Dish will say "Dish is the best"; people with DirecTV will say "DirecTV is the best"

Those two are arguable....more about sports particularly NFhelL, but overall cable and Uverse sucks most and most variable... can vary from acceptable to total crap depending on the local system and its management, brand has very little to do with it.

At least with sat it is universal and nation wide consistent .... none of local issues.
Hayward0

1 edit

Hayward0 to BillRoland

Premium Member

to BillRoland
said by BillRoland:

I'm curious about this, too. Just about everybody I know puts cable last, but usually they rank DirecTV higher than Dish for HD. I know its a highly subjective topic, but I've been following it with interest as now I've decided to go with satellite, but haven't decided which one.

Again it is the fine line arguable range vs night and day. Usually the deciding factor is if you just MUST have NFL Sunday rip-off in which case DTV is the only choice for another several years until contract is up, and maybe NFL will do something non exclusive with cost much more spread rather than weighing down the shoulders of a few.

Of course likely not, just open it up to all and still charge the same greed cost.
qworster
join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster to brianiscool

to brianiscool
I know that DirecTv uses the newer MPEG-4 for their HD compression. It theory it should be similar (nearly as good) to full bit rate MPEG-2, which is what FiOS uses.

More info: »ezinearticles.com/?MPEG2 ··· =6271470

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to Acohen6

Premium Member

to Acohen6
DirecTV

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob to brianiscool

Premium Member

to brianiscool
DirecTV. Huge difference in quality when compared to Time Warner cable.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to brianiscool

Premium Member

to brianiscool
For comcast, it depends if your area went through the world of more. I had comcast and thought it looked as good if not better than my mom's directv system, and i had more HD channels with comcast than she did with directv. (I had something like 110 HD channels at least after the world of more, if not more) If i had to pick between uverse, dish, directv or comcast post-world of more, i would go with comcast.