uniqs

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez to skj

to skj

Re: Snowmageddon TWO

Went out driving at about three PM.. it's frickin nasty, and will get worse as the sun goes down. Stay the hell home.

Unless you grew up driving in this stuff, and have a vehicle that has a chance, don't bother, it's simply not worth it.

Flagger
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

Four-Wheel drive SUVs were the most common thing I saw on the side of the road when I lived in Denver. I had a rear wheel drive truck that I loaded the back with 400 pounds of sand and only once slid on ice and that was coming out of my garage.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by Flagger:

Four-Wheel drive SUVs were the most common thing I saw on the side of the road when I lived in Denver. I had a rear wheel drive truck that I loaded the back with 400 pounds of sand and only once slid on ice and that was coming out of my garage.

That's because many people think their SUV is FWD/AWD when in fact they aren't. More importantly, if it is, they think they are empowered. Last ice storm, PIB was littered with explorers and escolades.

Control over power.. easy of the brakes, easy on the accelerator, and turn into the slide to get control.. Of course if you're doing 50 when you hit that slide good luck.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj to Gomez

Mod

to Gomez
I grew up in the north, but even with that experience there is nothing to really prepare you for trying to drive on ice.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by skj:

I grew up in the north, but even with that experience there is nothing to really prepare you for trying to drive on ice.

Nope.. As usual, physics wins.