Search similar:

uniqs
egon phillips
join:2001-09-19
m4d3z1

egon phillips

Sympatico DNS, DHCP Server Ip Addresses & Ports

Hi,

Recently I was informed by a Bell Sympatico employee that the Bell Sympatico DNS Server IP addresses had changed. When I asked why, I was told that Bell Sympatico often changes the IP addresses of their DNS Servers.

When I asked Bell Sympatico to provide me with a list of all the current DNS IP Addresses so I could add them to our firewall I was informed that they have 100's of DNS addresses. Is this true?

In any case, does anyone out there have a current list of Bell Sympatico Servers: dns and dhcp? Does Bell Sympatico use any other ports to configure or maintain the connection between our gateway and the internet? If so what are they? Why do I want this? I would like to add the addresses to my firewall, so that I can prevent communication with rogue servers.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

There has been one attempt at this task. Richard Virtue attempted to map the HSE system back when SymptcioUsers.org existed. It was a massive undertaking that generated a huge amount of information. The technician was right, though. IP's were changed frequently as routers were reconfigured. Any attempt to map the system became outdated in a few days. The data probably doesn't exist any more though. SUOrg went down six months ago and the data would be outdated now, in any case.
egon phillips
join:2001-09-19
m4d3z1

egon phillips

Is the information posted on the Sympatico Website considered current? They list two servers in each category (dhcp, dns, nntp, pop3, smtp, etc).

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

No idea.