share rss forum feed

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

Limited Greater Vancouver Area Cable startup

Gang,

We are ready to take in some orders for cable in the Greater Vancouver Area but only in limited quantities as we only have a 100Mbit/s link.

If you are interested we will be processing these manually via the direct forum. We will not be sending out notices to all our customers due to the limited deployment. Once we're able to increase the capacity we'll be sending out proper notices.

regards,

Marc
--
TSI Marc - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
Talk about coming out of nowhere!

freejazz_RdJ

join:2009-03-10
reply to TSI Marc
Triple dose of big news posted in a 5 minute span. Wow!

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
said by freejazz_RdJ:

Triple dose of big news posted in a 5 minute span. Wow!

Calm down Marc!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
hehe. I'm done for today...

JGROCKY
Premium
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc
LOL

rhooper

join:2004-05-06
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Darn! Still waiting for a totally different big announcement... You know, a small eastern-ontario city that has crappy DSL infrastructure?

emoci

join:2007-05-29
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc
So what are the package details and pricing like?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
if you're interested just start a thread in the direct forum and they will take care of you there.
--

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to rhooper
said by rhooper:

Darn! Still waiting for a totally different big announcement... You know, a small eastern-ontario city that has crappy DSL infrastructure?

You mean Toronto, right?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
I thought he was talking about Chatham but I already announced that one. *shrug*
--

rhooper

join:2004-05-06
Ottawa, ON
Y'all are very funny.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
haha

PlatooN

join:2007-02-13
Kitchener, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Kitchener!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bring you coffee!

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc
Holy crap, glad I am reading the forums right now as the good news just keeps on rolling.

I can't wait to see another announcement like this possibly for Markham in the future I sure hope users in Chatham and Vancouver know how lucky they are.

camelot

join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Durham? Anyone? Anyone?

Show us some love out in Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax/Pickering...

gruntlord6

join:2010-06-10
Barrie, ON
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

haha

I can haz TSI cable in barrie?

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
reply to TSI Marc
I understand Rogers is blocking IPv6 for cable out East. Any chance we'd get it out West?

On that note... are we still waiting for someone to make a trip out here so we can get it on DSL?

gruntlord6

join:2010-06-10
Barrie, ON
said by mactalla:

I understand Rogers is blocking IPv6 for cable out East. Any chance we'd get it out West?

On that note... are we still waiting for someone to make a trip out here so we can get it on DSL?

Its not blocked, as far as I am aware they do not have it on their network.

Ontarionet

join:2005-07-05
Guelph, ON
What about areas outside of GTA in Ontario?!? PLEASE?!? I want Cable but not Robbers....... Guelph? Kitchener? Cambridge?!? Not going into these areas anytime soon???

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to mactalla
said by mactalla:

They're aren't blocking it, they just aren't supporting it either. Unless Shaw is IPv6 capable, it will be the same result.

arthur5005

join:2006-03-06
Canada

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc
(for the interest of other people I still leave these questions)
Can I get information on 3 things though:
1) Is wholesale throttled in anyway with Shaw?
2) Is the UBB pricing any different (unlimited)?
3) Are faster speeds coming to DSL through Telus wholesale?

Arthur

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
Remove your username! This is a public forum.

EDIT: I think you want to post here.

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
reply to gruntlord6
said by gruntlord6:

said by mactalla:

Its not blocked, as far as I am aware they do not have it on their network.

I didn't mean blocked as in they are forbidding TSI to do it, I mean blocked as in TSI is ready and willing, but they can't move forward until Rogers gets their butt in gear.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to TSI Marc
Keep in mind that "Greater Vancouver" really isn't the whole area, since Coquitlam isn't part of the startup.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to mactalla
said by mactalla:

I didn't mean blocked as in they are forbidding TSI to do it, I mean blocked as in TSI is ready and willing, but they can't move forward until Rogers gets their butt in gear.

Correct.

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc
Does anyone know what cities in Metro Vancouver are ready during this initial trial rollout?

I thought the cities of Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, New Westminster, and Coquitlam were safe bets.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
said by bbbc:

Does anyone know what cities in Metro Vancouver are ready during this initial trial rollout?

Greater Vancouver consists of Anmore, Belcarra, Bowen Island, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Lions Bay, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, West Vancouver, and White Rock.

mikeyur

join:2011-01-14
Vancouver, BC
reply to TSI Marc
Would love to get in on this test run, but can't wait until this fully rolls out. I'll have fun converting every single person I know from Shaw/Telus over to TekSavvy.

Fingers crossed that they can resell the full line capability and use DOCSIS 3.0 hardware. Would pay out the arse for 50+mbps TekSavvy Cable.

Ternerito

join:2002-08-31
GVA
reply to pfak
In Delta we have Deltacable (Eastlink) as the only cable provider, not Shaw. THerefore I'd assume that this option is not available in Delta. Can anyone confirm?