uniqs
gpatrick900
join:2008-08-30
New Castle, IN

gpatrick900 to NJChris2010

to NJChris2010

Re: Any updates?- Comcast of Ocean County, NJ

said by NJChris2010:

I was under the impression that limited basic channels (locals, PEG) would be on the analog tier until at least 2012. Not sure when/if that changed.

Sort of.
They are still required to broadcast all local broadcast stations in clear qam indefinitely. They can move everyone to digital if they provided a converter box.

CrazedMan
@comcast.net

CrazedMan

Anon

said by gpatrick900:

said by NJChris2010:

I was under the impression that limited basic channels (locals, PEG) would be on the analog tier until at least 2012. Not sure when/if that changed.

Sort of.
They are still required to broadcast all local broadcast stations in clear qam indefinitely. They can move everyone to digital if they provided a converter box.

Yes thats true they are required to broadcast the local stations in clear qam, but they've already taken the HD versions away, so we're stuck with the analog version, and the only way to get it back is to force subscribers to rent an HD box. I mean whats the point of even having an HDTV if you can't get HD programming with the built in tuners. And yes I'm aware of over the air HD but down here in Toms River, we're too far from both NYC and Philly to get anything.

TRsub
@comcast.net

TRsub

Anon

@CrazedMan
I still get all the limited basic broadcast channels in HD and SD in the Toms River system. I had to had my TV's do a re-scan of all the channels and they all came back in. It happened about 2 months ago. Try that and let us know what you find.

CrazedMan
@comcast.net

CrazedMan

Anon

Alright well I'm not sure what you mean TRsub but I recieved my two DTA's today and hooked them up then activated them. Going through the coaxial connections the DTA's only allowing channel 3 or 4. I found I was able to reaquire WCAUDT, WPSGDT, WPHLDT, KYWDT for example, but only with the DTA. I spoke to Comcast and they said that I wasn't suppose to be getting any digital channels above 100 but I was getting quite a few, none HD.

NJChris2010
join:2010-10-17
Brick, NJ

NJChris2010

Ad in today's Asbury Park Press announcing analog cuts for the Toms River system in March.

Affected channels:
Animal Planet- ch.57
Bravo- ch.63
E!- ch.60
Food Network- ch.38
HBO- ch.14- HBO will only be available on ch.301.
HGTV- ch.71
Lifetime- ch.45
Syfy- ch.64
TLC - ch.37
TNT- ch.47
TV Guide Network- ch. 29
The Weather Channel- ch. 39
Versus- ch.43

Effective:
March 1- Island Heights, Lakehurst, Manchester & Toms River
March 15- Cedar Bonnet, Berkeley, Barnegat, Little Egg Harbor, Tuckerton, Eagleswood, Stafford, Beachwood, Lacey, Ocean Gate, Pine Beach, Ocean Township & South Toms River

For more information:
Comcast.com/digitalnow
1-877-634-4434
The mail

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Well lets hope its sooner then that. I don't know why Beachwood and Toms River got different shutoff dates, generally Beachwood is affected simultaneously by the Toms River office since thats where they get the feed from. Still no word as to what channels they will be adding?
Also I need to find some Comcast customers who live near my area and who have a TiVo with a cablecard, I have a favor to ask of them.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to CrazedMan

to CrazedMan
dtas get digital standard which includes all formerly analog channels and the sub channels like this tv, Retro Television Network (rtn), universal sports, Accuweather now,etc. I think fox has the country network, and cool tv now.

Unfortunately I only have thisTV and RTN.

If I were you I'd go to the local office and pickup a channel lineup to find out what you are supposed to get with digital starter.

CrazedMan
@comcast.net

CrazedMan

Anon

Regardless of that I've given up on using the DTA's and decided to do what Mike Wolf is doing and just go with a device that uses a cablecard, that way I can recieve ALL of the channels that I've subscripted to, and have a better interface as well.
TurboDan
join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ

TurboDan to CrazedMan

to CrazedMan
said by CrazedMan :

Alright well I'm not sure what you mean TRsub but I recieved my two DTA's today and hooked them up then activated them. Going through the coaxial connections the DTA's only allowing channel 3 or 4. I found I was able to reaquire WCAUDT, WPSGDT, WPHLDT, KYWDT for example, but only with the DTA. I spoke to Comcast and they said that I wasn't suppose to be getting any digital channels above 100 but I was getting quite a few, none HD.

Same here in the "original" Ocean County system, with the exception of WPSG which, for some strange reason, they only carry in the former Adelphia system. But all of the other network channels that have been moved to digital come in here on their digital channel numbers via the DTA.

FWIW, the DTA has dramatically improved the picture on my 13-inch Sharp Aquos (non digital) LCD TV that I have in the kitchen. All the other TVs in my house are hooked up the regular boxes.

OCSports
@comcast.net

OCSports

Anon

Anyone know if their are plans to add high def channels for the Sports tier channels (ie big10 network,nbatv,espnU)

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I think i accidentally merged two threads together since what I posted here »Comcast of Garden State-Update are relevant to here.
JCO65
join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ

JCO65 to OCSports

to OCSports
Some of them will be in HD for the Digital Classic package[NBA, NHL, CBS College Sports]. Not sure if BigTen Network is part of Digital Classic for Ocean County[Some areas have it in Digital Classic, others have it in the Sports and Entertainment package]. All others[Tennis, ESPNU, etc.] will be in the SEP in HD.

J Jefferson3
@comcast.net

J Jefferson3 to Mike Wolf

Anon

to Mike Wolf
Hey Mike Wolf you are actually are in the Tom Rivers area so you should be in the tom's Rivers thread, but i think that was merged into this thread as I could not find it yet as i am writing this, there is this thread for Ocean County and also a MonMouth County thread also, but since those 3 systems are just 1 week apart from each other they could be posted here also, since they will basically be the same information!!!! since they are all Southern New Jersey systems!!!! You should stay here as you are NOT in the Garden State system but will be getting the same channels as they do right now!!!!

Now that leaves me to further explanations with OC sports, yes when Analog channels are removed, you will receive HD channels in about 1 but mostly 2 weeks later, but it can be different channels for each individual system, but when added will be on the same channel for all 3 systems!!

In the overall scheme of things and since i usually track all this
NBA TV HD which would be channel 863 has pretty much been in the 1st HD add, ESPN U HD will be at channel 853 and Big Ten HD on channel 855 are usually in the 2nd HD add, the channels should be announced Soon as they will be in the 30 day notice and are concluding the testing of the first batch of channels!!!!

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Yeah I wasn't aware there WAS a Toms River thread anymroe, and since the Toms River area is in Ocean County, and Ocean County is considered the Freedom Region (according to Comcast last week) I figure its covered. You use alot of exclamation points . I think I'm being yelled at I'm already aware that I may be getting the same HD channels that they subscribe to, but there is still no word on the rest of the HD channels that Comcast carries like Ovation hd, TV One hd, Planet Green hd, Hallmark hd, HSN hd, BET hd, MGM hd, TCM hd, TruTV hd, MSNBC hd, ESPN U hd, NFL RZ hd, Big Ten hd, TMC Xtra hd, TMC hd, Showtime Extreme hd, Showtime 2 hd, Starz Comedy hd, Starz Kids & Family hd, HBO2 hd, science hd, CMT hd, Cartoon Network hd, Comedy hd, CBS College Sports hd, Spike hd, The Weather Channel hd, Headline News hd, Tennis hd, E! Entertainment TV hd, VH1 hd, MTV hd, ABC Family hd, Nickelodeon hd, Disney hd, NHL Network hd, NBA TV hd, WE hd, IFC hd, Biography Channel hd, ESPNews hd, CNBC hd, Bravo hd, Fuse hd, BBC America hd, Disney XD hd, QVC hd, Hallmark Movie hd, Fox Business hd, Lifetime Movie Network hd, Style hd, G4 hd, Encore hd, Games hd, Travel Channel hd, HDNet, HBO ZONE hd, OWN hd to name a few. My other concern is regarding the channel logos that appear on the TiVo channel banner, like shown here »www.garysargent.co.uk/ti ··· veTV.jpg where there is supposee to be a logo like here »support.tivo.com/euf/ass ··· x270.jpg I have a list of 30 channels that are missing these logo's but I can't find anyone in my area on here to check their own lineup to see if they have the same trouble.

NJChris2010
Brick, NJ

1 edit

NJChris2010

First analog cuts for Comcast of LBI scheduled for March 8.

Affected channels:
Animal Planet
Bravo
E!
Food Network
HGTV
Lifetime
Syfy
The Weather Channel
TLC
TNT
Versus

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
when the transition is over you will receive all of those channels. I have 104 hd channels. Missing hdnet, the premiums and a couple others.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

We'll see. I've been burned so much I'll believe it when I see it. Hel I read an article back in 2006 where disney HD was supposed to be rolled out in my area on 239, yet to this day I've never had it.
JCO65
join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ

JCO65 to J Jefferson3

to J Jefferson3
J Jefferson, thanks for all the work you do and info you give us. It has been better info than anyone from Customer Service has given. My questions are these:
1. By any chance do you have the dates for the second and third analog cuts for the Ocean County system?
2. Will the NHL Network be part of the 1st HD add?

Thanks again in advance.

NJChris2010
Brick, NJ

NJChris2010

Looks like the first cuts for Comcast of Ocean will occur on 3/22. That's according to an automated message I just received. Letters will be sent out soon.

J Jefferson3
@comcast.net

J Jefferson3 to JCO65

Anon

to JCO65
Hey JCO65, I knew the dates in advance since i said this part in my last results from this very thread "the channels should be announced Soon as they will be in the 30 day notice and are concluding the testing of the first batch of channels!!!!"

If you noticed I give a hint that the letters were Mailed out that day since I put soon in Capital letter, but i like to wait until the information is really solid, and not just a slippery slope press statement that sound likes it came from a politician!!!

As I am writing this, Mike Wolf posted the letter to all of the people who have their 1st Analog cut on March 15, 2011, the other areas will be getting their letters also, so if you want to post them here go ahead, but they are basically all the same, since they only list the cuts and not the HD adds since some areas have some channels all ready and different areas have others, and these 5 areas are so close they all eventually be the same anyway, and since I track systems in other states too, i even get confused of what is on what system now, since i am over 100 systems!!

(For all the Newbie people)All that really matters is that you get your 1st Expanded Basic Analog cut, then 1st HD adds, 2nd Expanded Basic Analog cut, then 2nd HD adds, then for SA/Cisco areas Limited Basic Analog cut with then Motorola areas during the same thing later on!!!! Basically As long as you get all of those HD Channels it does not matter when you get them or what channels you got on what day, in fact most people will not remembers even these being added on what days 6 months from now!!!

Now from an overall point of view, the dates so far have been sticking at least for the 1st and 2nd analog cuts, however because most seniors just have Limited basic, they do not do anything until the last minute and then we run short on DTA's, we have enough of the regular SA boxes, but we use the UDTA's for the High rise buildings because there are smaller, the problem is that the UDTA's also work on Motorola systems, thus we go through them at a much faster rate!!! (there are further details that I go into that sometime later at a later date)

If you notice the Mike Wolf letter that there are only 3 weeks between each of the 3 steps!!! That because if the Chicago West team converts on February 16, 2011 as scheduled, that town only has 2 zones lefts, so their A teams stays, then the B teams will be coming to finish New Jersey in March, and if needed help fix some Pittsburgh areas for this month as they travel to New Jersey, as i can focus on Northeast PA SA/Cisco systems right now with Williamsport and then York right around the Corner, then, that team will then go down to the Georgia to start SA/Cisco areas as last year we all ready did the Motorola areas, that old team is what is now doing in the Tennessee-Mississippi-Alabama area, With the Excess/former California teams doing both Texas and Florida areas since they are used to constant warm areas!! since those areas are just starting with the NEW Name-branding!!

Your second question is no, NHL HD is usually always in the 2nd HD add!!, even the powerful area of Virginia with is under the Beltway team must wait until 2nd HD adds, if they can not do it no one can!!!!
CH101
join:2010-04-28
Cherry Hill, NJ

CH101

J Jefferson3,

Are the SA areas getting more HD adds after the 3rd (and last) analog cut? You only mention HD adds after the 1st and 2nd cuts in your posts. Thanks in advance for the info.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

There has been some hints at May or June for the new UI on the SA boxes. Hopefully it'll be sooner, but at least its this year....I hope...
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to J Jefferson3

to J Jefferson3
hey bud, any word on if switched digital video will be utilized in the Ocean County area, or have we been blessed and spared? Secondly, why do the California teams get sent down to Texas and Florida for. Wouldn't it be nicer to send the teams who have suffered through the cold winters to the warm spots as a treat? Send the warm team up north to cool off, lol
Don S5
join:2011-01-04
Bayville, NJ

Don S5 to J Jefferson3

to J Jefferson3
I know you mentioned specific HD channels to be added might differ slightly until the last cut per system, but is there some overall list of HD channel adds that we can expect (or approximate list?) ?

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

From what I was told, the list I posted a few weeks back on this thread would be "all these and some more" You could also look on the garden state thread and see what channels were listed there since generally they'll be identical. The reason why we might not see an offical list is because they don't want to get our hopes up if something gets delayed or a deal between a provider and Comcast falls through.
Don S5
Bayville, NJ

Don S5

Thanks. I found the WOM link for Garden State. That helped a lot.

»comcastworldofmore.com/g ··· neup.pdf

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf

welcome

Of course there is no 100% guarentee that these will be the exact same channels the freedom region (the one we're in) will be getting, and they might not be on the same channels since most of the HD are in the 200's. Gotta wait till the official pdf for freedom region shows up...
Don S5
Bayville, NJ

Don S5

Yup, understood. I'm just happy that we are FINALLY, FINALLY about to get more HD. Thought it would never happen.

Thanks.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

No problem, I'm just praying there isn't a catch, like forcing us to use SDV.

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy

Mike, your area will be receiving the same channels of Garden State. The freedom region consists of the city of philly including the surrounding suburbs (minus lebanon/reading) the entire state of NJ and northern DE. Oh btw SDV has been cancelled.