uniqs
share rss forum feed

Flagger
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Weimville
reply to Flagger

Re: Snowmageddon TWO

Our district will make up the days through the previously scheduled furlough dates in March and take away the week of the February break save for the holiday on President's Day.

We already have a trip planned with non-refundable airline, hotel and cruise tickets. Tough noogies if she will go to school.
--
Follow us on twitter * Become our friend on Facebook * Read our BLOG

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

School districts can apply for a waiver to the 180 day requirement. Since all the area school districts were off for the whole week, I wonder if the state will grant an area wide waiver.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

The_ANoN

@charter.com

Snowmaggedon? Try dealing with 3-4 feet of snow we had in DC last year. I couldn't get out my front door and couldnt even see my car! It wasn't even possible to even attempt to drive. But yeah Im in ATL now and I'm surprised my school has been closed for 6 days. Im not used to the lengthly closings, but I know GA is not used to the snow either.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

It is not the snow, but the ice. I am from the north and am used to heavy snowfalls, but when you have ice it is a whole different ballgame, especially when there is a lack of equipment to deal with the conditions.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner