spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sunday8pm
join:2010-05-24

sunday8pm

Advice for a first time ISP in Decatur

Hi,

A friend of mine is looking at her options to get internet to her home, one way or another.
Speed isn't very important as she probably won't do anything super intensive; the most important factor being the monthly cost.
I don't live in the US so I have no idea what the options are. Could anyone be so kind and advise?

Thanks!

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns

Premium Member

Have them look at Atlantic Nexus. Has been rated among the highest ISP's on BBR.

I had 1.5/.256 for $32, now have 3.5/.384 for $39. They also have 6mbit for $49. Has been rock solid for years and excellent tech support.

You will have to have an active phone line though. AT&T can do dry DSL cheaper, but I don't trust their reliability.
sunday8pm
join:2010-05-24

sunday8pm

Thanks!

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA

odog to sunday8pm

Premium Member

to sunday8pm
Comcast may have a promotional thing going for ~12 months check on those. After that dry loop DSL from AT&T should be pretty cheap as well. Clear might be a good fit as well if she can get the a promo deal.
kcomputer99
join:2004-11-23
Matthews, NC

kcomputer99

I have been using Comcast since 2004 and get amazing speeds; 20down/4up. around $50 a month I believe, also you can get Xfinity to save more. Many friends around here in Atlanta have DSL and I hate it because of how slow it is...why still use a phone cord instead of coaxial.

shdesigns