Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Libby5503
Premium
join:2011-01-09
Chicago, IL

Smokeping and IP Changes and Dropping Links to DSLReports.co

After two months of DSL connection drops and painfully slow hang times I finally found DSL Reports. Fast forward -- I started a smokeping test this week to show AT&T I wasn't nuts. It worked fine and confirmed substantial packet loss and jitter. Then my IP changed. Started a new smokeping. IP changed again. Started a new smokeping....I know that ISP's change our IPs but this is like every 6-10 hours for no discernable reason. I don't keep an address long enough to get any meaningful information. Is this normal?

And, as an aside, my dsl drops every time I come to DSLReports.com --- multiple times. I can barely stay on the site long enough to post this before I have to close and reopen IE.
I'm trying not to get paranoid, but its too weird.

Lib

duked

join:2000-08-12
Bath, ME
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Libby5503:

And, as an aside, my dsl drops every time I come to DSLReports.com --- multiple times. I can barely stay on the site long enough to post this before I have to close and reopen IE.
I'm trying not to get paranoid, but its too weird.

Lib

I find that to be a bit interesting to say the least. It kinda looks like
they ,your dsl company, do not want you seeing just how they are screwing you.
I dont think your paranoid, i think you caught em at there on game.
Duke

damaged

join:2000-12-25
Hallandale, FL
reply to Libby5503

I'm sure they have better things to do than monitor your activity and kick you off just to prevent you from seeing a smokeping.

They don't care if you have graphs, you could have all the evidence in the world, and that will not stop a DSL provider from telling you what they want anyway.

I think this maybe a line issue.

You should post your S/N and Attenuation stats, and # of retrains to the appropriate forum.

Post make/model of modem if you can't find these.
--
Clap on! *clap* *clap* clap off, *clap* *cla#$@@#$@#$NO CARRIER