spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ChandlerTX6

join:2011-01-15

response to CenturyLink outages

I have just got off the phone with Centurylink after a resulting speed test of .28 KPBS on my 5.0 speed. Bottom line here according to my DSL TechSupport Rep is that there has been a speed outage in this area since September 1st. ETA to be corrected is by 7:00pm May 1. Niiiiice. Result is that they credited my account the cost difference over the past few months and dropped my pricing/service down to the basic speed until this is resolved. Now question here is, can I handle running slower than dial up until this gets corrected? Outside of CenturyLink I also know of several AT&T customers who are experiencing the same issues here so is this a blanket effect and not just a single provider issue? On top of this, any complaints that I have received or heard of only affected DSL-Direct. Does anyone have these issues or know of anyone with them who is on Line-Share or Dsl with an active phone line?

zevus

join:2010-11-29
Chandler, TX
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

They always quote me that Sep 1st date... but the problems for me actually started in July. Maybe Sep is when they finally admitted it there at home office.

I suspect it's a good thing they're actually giving dates now... since for the last 6 months it was always 'there's no ETA' (i.e. they arent even trying to fix it). But even if I knew 100% sure it'd be fixed in May, I wouldn't wait that long. February, maybe...

texasmmo

join:2010-12-20
Kaufman, TX

Well it was publicly said mid Feb. but guess what?!!?? Its Feb. 24th and i've seen one decent week which was last week of being able to do anything. I reported them to the BBB which they have a great score somehow. They responded back that the problem would be fixed within the next 30 days. When you call tech support to get your monthly credit, they say May 1st. Ultimate runaround. Is it really that hard to add more trunks in or whatever? Is this some multimillion dollar task that is not worth doing? Why did they even let it get this far in the first place do they not have people watch for over selling? So many questions and not one truthful answer.

« Off-hours observation absolutely correct