spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

HBO 3d On-demand now available

A number of free (to HBO Subscribers) 3D movies have now shown up. Broadcast as side by side 3d.
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs

Also if you go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral and put 3d in the search it will show you additional 3d options.

FLo90
@verizon.net

FLo90

Anon

Anyone have a 3D TV? How does this crap look? I'm not really sold on the whole 3D TV yet. To me gimmicks like 3D do nothing for me if in place of a decent storyline they spent the coin on fictitiously firing objects at your face. I don't need stuff fired at my face - that's what my gf's for.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

1 edit

tnsprin

Not as good as a blu-ray 3d but pretty good. Good movies in 3d do not throw junk at your face.
e0h939
join:2004-11-11
Harrington Park, NJ

e0h939 to FLo90

to FLo90
Why is 3D considered a gimmick. Is that what people thought about HD?
hubrisnxs
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs to FLo90

to FLo90
said by FLo90 :

Anyone have a 3D TV? How does this crap look? I'm not really sold on the whole 3D TV yet. To me gimmicks like 3D do nothing for me if in place of a decent storyline they spent the coin on fictitiously firing objects at your face. I don't need stuff fired at my face - that's what my gf's for.

3d looks pretty damn good nowadays.

go into any best buy or tv specialty store and check out their demo.

I wear glasses so for me it sucks - you ever try to throw 3d glasses over regular eye glasses?

yeah NOT FUN

Jake99871
@verizon.net

Jake99871

Anon

3D and HD are not the same. HD improved the picture and sound of the film/tv. 3D doesn't improve the picture or the sound. I agree that it's a gimmick because it adds absolutely zero value to the film. The only thing 3D does is inflate the ticket sale price it does not add to the story line. Look at how many films today are shot in 3D versus versus transformed into 3D during post. It's a total gimmick that only boosts box office. It's not as though this is anything new it has been around for ages. Now instead of the crappy cardboard glasses you can wear plastic glasses which I'm sure adds a ton to the experience for people already wearing glasses. I highly doubt this will ever catch on especially due to the fact that a portion of the population are physically unable to experience 3D because of eye problems. 3D is a total gimmick that's never going to last.
hubrisnxs
Fountain Valley, CA

1 edit

hubrisnxs

have you seen avatar in 3d???

it's definetely not a gimmick and james cameron proved that.
It's just a matter of - if hollywood continues to give 3d to movies that deserve it.

it definetely enhanced the atmosphere and the landscapes were amazing.

Of course that is just one man's opinion...

Jake99871
@verizon.net

Jake99871

Anon

Visually for a film like that it was compelling - but again overall it added nothing to the storyline. I doubt there will ever come a time when people are demanding to see everything in 3D. Its just a way to inflate the box office and sell super expensive equipment that in a year 2 years or 10years no one will even think about.
e0h939
join:2004-11-11
Harrington Park, NJ

e0h939

Sure just like color film added nothing to the story line. What's this story line BS. There is more to the experiance than the "story line"

Ltor4Nor30
@verizon.net

Ltor4Nor30

Anon

I think its way to early to tell whether 3D TV will become the norm. Sure it seems like its popular at the box office to some degree - have yet to see box office stats comparing a film offering both 3D and 2D versions and which form had greater attendance. While it may be popular in theaters the 3D blu-ray and TV sales were flat over the holidays. Seems like if it was super popular - worthy of adding VOD and channels to the lineup then maybe those sales should have been stronger.

Will it last and become the norm? I have my doubts. Will be interesting to see what happens with this new Nintendo ds 3D. I've seen 3D in the theater but I much prefer regular 2D. Its nice on occasion if the title warrants it (Avatar) but other than that I don't think its worth the added expense and also it kind of physically bothers my eyes after a few hours. HDTV does not do that to me. Its just my opinion.