All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Bird222
join:2003-08-25

Bird222

[Speed Problem] Anybody else get a letter from AT&T about reduci

I have extreme 6.0 and lately I have noticed some slow down. Well we get this letter saying that they have been conducting 'throughput' tests and our speed is below the service we are paying for so they are moving our dsl to a lower plan. Has anyone else got one of these letters?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

Re: [Speed Problem] Anybody else get a letter from AT&T about re

I haven't gotten any downgrade letters, but I get email and snail mail offering to upgrade me to a non-existent U-verse service almost daily.

Did they also offer to reimburse you for all the payments you made for service that was not being provided?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Bird222

Premium Member

to Bird222
No letter, but I am on the 3.0 plan in Warner Robins GA. I think the technicians here in middle Georgia were much more careful about what houses they allowed to sign up for each speed tier. I do not know of anyone who has 6.0. It must be very limited access.
CopperFiber
join:2009-12-08

CopperFiber

It does not surprise me that they are trying to push customers back from the 6.0 to 3.0 service.
Because since they dumped U-VERSE they need to upgrade their pipes which they are refusing to do in the southeast.
steveatl
join:2007-07-06
Decatur, GA

steveatl

Dumped U-Verse?
Expand your moderator at work

mikes60
My Paradise
Premium Member
join:2001-07-31
Boynton Beach, FL

mikes60 to steveatl

Premium Member

to steveatl

Re: [Speed Problem] Anybody else get a letter from AT&T about re

said by steveatl:

Dumped U-Verse?

I had the same reaction. Rollout might have slowed down in some areas, but certainly not dumped.

dervari2
join:2000-01-17
Atlanta, GA

dervari2 to Bird222

to Bird222
I don't think my area is ever getting it. We're on IFITL and I suspect that it will be years before it rolls out here.