There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to manbeard

Re: Extreme 105 vs 250 Cap Residential in 2011

said by manbeard:

These guys are correct, unfortunately. I posted a thread of my own regarding the ordeal I've gone through trying to get the E105 service and when a tech finally came this morning to "install" it I canceled it because he told me this nugget:

Every E105 user is monitored and the second they hit the 250gb cap they are shut down and under no circumstances re-enabled. This is because in my area (Indianapolis) there are only 11 users and they can do that kind of monitoring. I've been on E50 for almost a year and he stated that the only reason I've not gotten the call is because there are so many E50 users that it's impossible for them to monitor that closely.

Absolutely not true and no where on any internal docs about the package is this established. You were fed a line of crap.
--
Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my employer.

manbeard
Premium
join:2010-03-01
Indianapolis, IN
said by beachintech:

Absolutely not true and no where on any internal docs about the package is this established. You were fed a line of crap.

Anymore I'm not surprised, but unfortunately as a consumer my only resource is the person representing the company (aside from the information I can glean from the forum). Sucks that there is no way to ensure what you're being told is legit, but it's what we have to work with.