All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
boldwold
join:2011-01-11

boldwold

contract

is this something that can help break out of a new contract ?

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

ESN Swap

Is a Blackberry -> Blackberry ESN Swap via the Sprint Web site considered an Activation?
I have a spare BB in case I break one of my existing ones. I'd hate to be dinged $10 just because I do an ESN Swap of one BB with another identical one.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue to boldwold

Premium Member

to boldwold

Re: contract

said by boldwold:

is this something that can help break out of a new contract ?

No because it doesn't affect existing contracts. Only new contracts and if you renew (get a new phone and 2-year).

greg
Greg
Premium Member
join:2003-05-30
Louisville, KY

greg to JimThePCGuy

Premium Member

to JimThePCGuy

Re: ESN Swap

said by JimThePCGuy:

Is a Blackberry -> Blackberry ESN Swap via the Sprint Web site considered an Activation?
I have a spare BB in case I break one of my existing ones. I'd hate to be dinged $10 just because I do an ESN Swap of one BB with another identical one.

Yes, ESN swaps are listed as events that 'qualify' you to start paying the $10 fee.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

said by greg:

said by JimThePCGuy:

Yes, ESN swaps are listed as events that 'qualify' you to start paying the $10 fee.

Wow. Since an ESN swap typically doesn't cause a contract extension this is like a change to the existing contract.

greg
Greg
Premium Member
join:2003-05-30
Louisville, KY

greg

Premium Member

For the record, my source was here.

Existing smartphone customers will remain on their current rate plan, until they upgrade, perform an ESN swap or activate a new smartphone
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to greg

to greg
no they're not. That is NOT a new activation.