FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Steve B

Encouraging smartphone users to utilize Wimax

Sprint is trying to blackjack their users in to upgrading to Wimax enabled smartphones by making the Everything Data plans the same for both 3G & 4G phones. I guess not enough people were switching to Wimax phones and now Sprint will make it a no-brainer to make the switch. That is one way to get utilization on your fancy new network increased.

And as far as users switching to Verizon or AT&T, those companies plans will still be more expensive than Sprints, even with the $10 extra per month.

LostInWoods

join:2004-04-14
Reviews:
·Windstream
Missing from this chart is TMO's Even More Plus plan, which is still available. $60 for 500 mins + unlimited text & data. No contract required but also no subsidized phones, which works for me. I can buy a really nice phone for $480 savings over two years, and I don't have to worry about ETFs if they screw up and make me want to leave.

NYR 56
Premium
join:2000-12-05
Smithtown, NY
reply to FFH5
There are cheaper plans from Sprint than that chart shows. You can get the Everything plan for $60+$10 fee - unlimited data, txt, & 500 mins (w/ free m2m). Hell, my plan is that for $30 right now (Sero). Sprint is simply far cheaper than the cell companies; I'm amazed how many people don't get it. As for service, they may not be great in parts of America but they are awesome on the east coast. I have better service than AT&T (terrible) and Verizon (much closer though).

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to LostInWoods
and if you have a BS Storm2 you can unlock it and use it on TMO's network which i'm gonna end up doing today.

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN
reply to LostInWoods
said by LostInWoods:

Missing from this chart is TMO's Even More Plus plan, which is still available. $60 for 500 mins + unlimited text & data. No contract required but also no subsidized phones, which works for me. I can buy a really nice phone for $480 savings over two years, and I don't have to worry about ETFs if they screw up and make me want to leave.

Love this plan, its what I got. And get better coverage than Sprint and AT&T (Sprint for their shitty voice signal and at&t for having no 3G and low 2GB monthly cap)

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Clinton Township, MI
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Sprint is trying to blackjack their users in to upgrading to Wimax enabled smartphones by making the Everything Data plans the same for both 3G & 4G phones. I guess not enough people were switching to Wimax phones and now Sprint will make it a no-brainer to make the switch. That is one way to get utilization on your fancy new network increased.

And as far as users switching to Verizon or AT&T, those companies plans will still be more expensive than Sprints, even with the $10 extra per month.
[att=1]

You are right. Nothing new. They did it with 3g then EVDO phones. To SOME, 10 bucks isn't much, but it's the idea behind that people really need to look at. Lets say you never drive on your local toll road but everytime you get gas, you MUST pay the extra per gallon that helps pay for it. On top of what you already pay at the pump, your paying the "extra" just, well, just because. Think this 10 bucks is REALLY gonna stop there? They will figure out a way to get more money even from those using old 3G non-data phones. Sprint has offered cheap plans too long. Dan has had a few years to poop or get off the pot. After showing 8000k + employees the door, stock is still down, WiMax has turned into another ION screwup with a few cool billion flushed down the pipes and they need some cash. So, why not bite the hands that feed'em? Not like any of you will run in with your hair on fire and demanding they cancel your service so you can jump ship.

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Clinton Township, MI
reply to NYR 56
said by NYR 56:

There are cheaper plans from Sprint than that chart shows. You can get the Everything plan for $60+$10 fee - unlimited data, txt, & 500 mins (w/ free m2m). Hell, my plan is that for $30 right now (Sero). Sprint is simply far cheaper than the cell companies; I'm amazed how many people don't get it. As for service, they may not be great in parts of America but they are awesome on the east coast. I have better service than AT&T (terrible) and Verizon (much closer though).

But you will get hit for the 10 bucks if you upgrade. I had the orig employee plan. Same as SERO but for 10 a month. Then it went to 20. Then, was laid off (lucky one of the 8000). Went to 30. Got a letter awhile back saying I can move up the "enhanced" SERO that gave me the ability have navigation and a few more items. Good plan for the money. Wife (wasn't before she got the plan) is on the 59.00 sero plan with 2 BB's. Getting the same stuff that she gets except she gets more TV (a joke and always has been). Your free M2M now includes ANY mob by the way. However, not everyone isn't as lucky as you and I and pay full price for less. Sprint is just trying to fund it's Wimax and LTE dreams. I said it before I left the company and I'll repeat it again. WiMax is to the Wireless part of Sprint as to what ION was to the Wireline division (where I was). Those who remember the 2 billion waisted before Sprint shut out the lights before any customers were turned up. Sprint will end up like MCI/Worldcom, then get purchased by some other telecom and fade away. Talking to old coworkers, just doesn't sound good. So, anyone remember the last time Sprint's stock was above 5 bucks and stayed there for long over the past 2 years? Yep.