spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

boldwold

join:2011-01-11

TOS change

this affects the terms of service, this should be something you can use to end your service before the contract is up, my only wonder is if you've got 5 lines and have that issue with one, does it end all of it ?

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

said by boldwold:

this affects the terms of service, this should be something you can use to end your service before the contract is up, my only wonder is if you've got 5 lines and have that issue with one, does it end all of it ?

No, it doesn't.. there is a bit of a loop hole in the loop hole. Your contract was for 2 years with the phone you're using. Each contract is PER phone, not your entire account. The $10 data charge applies to the PHONE, not the account.

When ever changes to terms happen, you have 30 days to terminate your agreement. The change takes hold on January 30. I would believe that you're only affected 30 days from the date they announce it AND that if affected your line/contract. I would think that in order for this to be able to end your contact, I'd suspect you need to be affected by it with in 30 days of the change of terms which would mean you'd have to swap the ESN.

IF this were true, not everyone has an extra phone laying around. If one tried to get a sub'd phone, a new contract term would apply anyway.. and who's going to buy a phone to do a swap just to end the contract?

I am personally mixed on if this would end the contract or not with out it affecting your service as it's not a change that's being forced on you such as their last announced fee change was that DID affect all customers, by 4 cents. (which I did use to end my voice contract with Sprint)