All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MarkakaJin
join:2011-01-18

MarkakaJin

[Caps] No data cap on Business plan?

I live near El Dorado Hills, CA and I'm wondering if anyone who is a resident around or near the place have switched to a business class. Or at least a residential Comcast customer who had switched to business basic plan. If so, what kind of plans do you currently have? Is it TV+Voice residential plan and then business internet basic plan?

Also, Is there really no data cap on the basic plan for business? Cause I'm sick of this data cap on the residential plan. I think there are no other ISP available in my area and it's just Comcast for me. Cause the thing is, I'm using a video game on-demand service called OnLive. A service where you can stream the latest high-end video games online, no download and installation for any of the games. It's like streaming a movie off from the Netflix, except it's video games. I've monitored using a data usage monitor software and have seemed to have be getting over 200+ MB at a fast rate.
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

1 edit

ExoticFish

Is it hard to search ? Or simply look through the already existing threads on the first page ?

»Residential vs Business

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg to MarkakaJin

Premium Member

to MarkakaJin
No data caps for Business Class, but you would still be subject to congestion management.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

No *hard* caps, but there is verbiage in the AUP for excessive use based on service level... which implies there is a point at which you would, on anything but the top tier, be offered to terminate or move to a more expensive tier based on use.

The normal congestion management applies to all connections

»customer.comcast.com/Pag ··· echnique

rwong48
join:2002-11-10
San Jose, CA

rwong48 to MarkakaJin

to MarkakaJin
Residential TV+Internet (TV only for bundle pricing) switched to Business HSI and 100% OTA HDTV. HSI was+is 12/2. I use Ooma for VoIP and a femtocell in my house for Sprint service.

There's no cap but you'll probably be flagged if you pass something ridiculous. Don't know what that amount is though; I'm just under 1TB/month and I'm fine.
catnapped
join:2010-11-22
Elizabethtown, PA

catnapped to MarkakaJin

to MarkakaJin
Will they sell the basic level of TV service (I'm assuming it's the same as residential Limited Basic) to a 'non-business' who gets business class service or do you need an actual office to get TV along with HSI?

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by catnapped:

Will they sell the basic level of TV service (I'm assuming it's the same as residential Limited Basic) to a 'non-business' who gets business class service or do you need an actual office to get TV along with HSI?

You can get business TV with your business internet. Or you can have two accounts with comcast, one for your business HSI (and business voice if you want) and one for residential (video, voice...)

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to nerdburg

to nerdburg

(topic move) Congestion Management?

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Congestion Management?

Augustus III
If Only Rome Could See Us Now....
join:2001-01-25
Gainesville, GA

Augustus III to MarkakaJin

to MarkakaJin

Re: [Caps] No data cap on Business plan?

2-3TB. More and they will have a chat with you.

You are welcome

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

said by Augustus III:

2-3TB. More and they will have a chat with you.

You are welcome

No. There is no way to put specific numbers on the question.

You, are welcome.