spc
Search similar:

uniqs
treefrog55
join:2009-06-13
Harwinton, CT

treefrog55

wireless router setup trouble

First of all, I just wanted to say thank you for any time you spend with this issue. I appreciate that there is at least a place to go when the manufacturers support system will not recognize the existence of the owner of their product.

The issue:

I have a SMC Barricade WBR14s-N2 router. I am having trouble setting the router up with WPA-PSK encryption. Actually, my problem is that it kicks me off the connection whenever I try to save changes in the set up wizard. Since it kicks me off, I don’t believe any settings are being saved properly. In addition, when I have tried to save the changes, the WLAN disappears on the router and I have to use the reset button to “bring it back to life.” Very frustrating.

I have an older laptop (Dell Inspiron 2650) with a Linksys Wireless Notebook adaptor, for which I just downloaded the driver for. According to my research, it supports WPA encryption. I am running Windows XP and have downloaded the hotfix driver that enables WPA and WPA2.

I must say that I have successfully configured the router as an unsecured network, but I have been unsuccessful at trying to establish a secured network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris
Maj_Fiasco
join:2006-03-07
Canada

Maj_Fiasco

Well, first thing to check, is your router firmware updated to the latest version available from SMC? Then update drivers for your wireless network adapter. Then try it again.

I see you've been all over the 'net with this one, judging by a quick Google search, any answers?