spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lastresort
@bellsouth.net

lastresort

Anon

Lacking

I had Hughes years ago when you had to use dial-up to transmit and satellite to receive. Although some files could be downloaded quickly, it wasn't much faster than pure dialup for browsing.

Recently, I had a friend who purchased the system for use in summer lakehouse for his daughter to use for classes online. It was too slow for their needs.

Another friends daughter got mad at her DSL provider for intermittent problems and wanted an alternative. I gave them some possible options, one being air card, another being satellite, but told him my experience, neither would be as good as the DSL. She went with the Hughes and after a week, had it disconnected. Looks like it still isn't up to par.

What brought me here was a recent mailing offering called teh Hughes Act Recovery Program. Looks like a total scam! I looked online and the pricing is absurd with only a few months discount which is still really high. They make it look like some government program but to me it just looks like a scam to lure people in for their overpriced and under-performing Internet access.

I'll eventually need some Internet at a weekend place I have, and Hughes would be the last resort!

Anonymou789
@180.192.111.x

Anonymou789

Anon

said by lastresort :

I had Hughes years ago when you had to use dial-up to transmit and satellite to receive. Although some files could be downloaded quickly, it wasn't much faster than pure dialup for browsing.

Recently, I had a friend who purchased the system for use in summer lakehouse for his daughter to use for classes online. It was too slow for their needs.

Another friends daughter got mad at her DSL provider for intermittent problems and wanted an alternative. I gave them some possible options, one being air card, another being satellite, but told him my experience, neither would be as good as the DSL. She went with the Hughes and after a week, had it disconnected. Looks like it still isn't up to par.

What brought me here was a recent mailing offering called teh Hughes Act Recovery Program. Looks like a total scam! I looked online and the pricing is absurd with only a few months discount which is still really high. They make it look like some government program but to me it just looks like a scam to lure people in for their overpriced and under-performing Internet access.

I'll eventually need some Internet at a weekend place I have, and Hughes would be the last resort!

The Recovery Act Program is legitimate! Try checking on you local government and you'll see that you will get the Basic Plan for only $39.99 a month as long as you have the service and you wouldn't even have to sign up for any contract, unless you upgrade to a higher plan.

tjz
@zpsgroup.com

tjz to lastresort

Anon

to lastresort

Re: Hughes Recovery Act Scam

said by lastresort :

I think it is a scam. I live in rural Wis with no access to the internet other than dial up. I called Hughes when I got the mailing and all they could say is that I do not qualify. No reason given, but they immediately tried to sell me on the regular service. This is classic bate and switch. This is also a good example of how the Fed Gov't wastes so much money. They gave this company $60 Million to run this scam.