spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Maltman

@mchsi.com

How to minimize Qwest DSL Contract Termination

I just found out to minimize your contract termination cost. Call qwest and cancel your phone. If you are under contract for DSL, tell them you want it put on hibernation, which costs your 9.99/mo. Find out your contract term or ending date and call after that date to cancel. So, if you have 6 months remaining on your contract, you will only have to pay 59.94. Beats a credit ding or court!

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

said by Maltman :

I just found out to minimize your contract termination cost. Call qwest and cancel your phone. If you are under contract for DSL, tell them you want it put on hibernation, which costs your 9.99/mo. Find out your contract term or ending date and call after that date to cancel. So, if you have 6 months remaining on your contract, you will only have to pay 59.94. Beats a credit ding or court!

So what you're saying is that you don't want to honor your agreement?

XIII

join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ

and no ethics...

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to fiberguy

Well I wouldn't go that bad. On hibernation it can not be used. Qwest does allow it so more of an option than a not honoring the contract. Qwest is still getting 9.99 a month and does not provide service during that time.
It is better than just skipping on the bill all together. Things sometimes happen and if a legitimate option is available why not take it. Like I said better than just skipping on the bill. Plus hibernation I doubt you continue to get the service.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

A question. Does Qwest prorate its early cancellation fee? I think they offered to do that for me. Thing is I did not have one so kept going up the chain of authority at the time to remove it all together.

TheMayor

join:2002-05-09
reply to fiberguy

I thought I read Cell phone companies had the same thing & only had to pay something like $15 (you couldn't use the phone) per month

XIII

join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ
reply to Maltman

they all just want some money everymonth, with cell phone companies, you cant port the number during the contract period, its an automatic ETF fee (depends on company)
--
»FreeDNS.afraid.org - Free DNS dynamic DNS subdomain and domain hosting

maltman

@mchsi.com
reply to XIII

How is that unethical? It was an option provided by qwest...those who live in glass houses...

Expand your moderator at work