All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
themagicone
join:2003-08-13
Osseo, MN

themagicone to Rambo76098

to Rambo76098

Re: How to get rid of feeling of "cold"?

Trust me - I have plans to move from MN as soon as I can. I can't stand being cold, never have. I've checked the temp with over thermometers all say 72. I have a heated mattress pad on my bed I use at night but my head gets cold. I'm thinking what everyone else has said about the humidity. It's really dry in here so I'm going to try some humidity and see if I feel warmer.
Crescent
Premium Member
join:2003-01-22
canada

Crescent

Premium Member

I can get crazy cold in the house if it goes down to 74 if I am doing nothing. And even colder if I am sitting doing my least liked thing... paperwork.
I can go outside, when it is near freezing, without a lot of layers, and so long as I am not hungry happily work in the yard all day.

Electric blankets and pads use almost no power to speak of, compared to heating the entire house.
Radiant heat can make you feel warm.
I have a wood stove, and today I let the house temp drop to 72, so decided to go outside to chop some wood to warm up. Yep, I did warm up, with less layers outside than I had on inside the house.
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei to themagicone

Premium Member

to themagicone
With regards to head cold when in bed. This is a well known issue. This is why cold weather sllping bags are designed as a "mummy" bag to cover your head and just leave an opening for your face. You should do the same with your blankets. You will find you will sleep much better and feel warmer in bed, end down to your feet because your body will lose much less heat. (head is a big heat sink for the body, unless you have tons of hair).

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

said by jfmezei:

(head is a big heat sink for the body, unless you have tons of hair).

I disagree, I have more hair on my head than an elpaco, however, I have a 33% or so Humidity in the house, heated by Gas and Forced Air.... Still cold at 71* today... Brrrr.

lol

Xioden
Premium Member
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

Xioden to jfmezei

Premium Member

to jfmezei
Cold feet and/or hands can have the same effect.

Rambo76098
join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098 to zacron

to zacron
Go get a haircut, mine is curly when long, got tired of it and got it cut finger length. It is so much colder!! But now I can wear a hat and not get hat hair.
averagedude
join:2002-01-30
San Diego, CA

averagedude to themagicone

to themagicone
I have a rental 3br 2 bath in Phoenix (Mesa) AZ in need of a tenant. 10 day forecast shows highs in mid 70's and low of 40 deg F, but the 3 months of summer are HOT.
You would be surprised how quickly you get use to dry heat.

The up side is that there never is a run on bread, eggs, milk or such because a storm is coming or the roads are iced over.
You can go shopping, movies, golfing, basically anything year round.
You never have to worry about pipes freezing.
The in coming water temp is warm enough during the summer you can take a "cold" shower and still be warm.
For people similar to you who are all ways cold, even when it is super hot, a swamp cooler will keep you feeling just right.

Did I say it gets hot?
My mother in law who is a teachers aide actually cooked an egg on the black top in the play ground. Granted they did not eat it, but it was fully cooked.