spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ccmfixit
@verizon.net

ccmfixit

Anon

VoiceMail Notification on PANASONIC Dect6.0 phones

Every time I receive a call on my new Panasonic Cordless phones, the notification comes up and says "New Voice Mail" and starts blinking. I know how to clear it (by pressing and holding the # key), but it is really a pain. You are never really sure you have VM or not - and it blinks in the middle of the night. Please help!! Thanks
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

When you pick up the phone (without dialing), do you get a "stutter" dial tone (a few beeps before the tone becomes continuous)? If so, the server thinks that you do have a voicemail. If there are no new messages shown on the web site, try leaving yourself a message and then clearing it.

If you don't have stutter dial tone, the phone may be confusing caller ID signals with VMWI. Does caller ID display properly? Do you have another phone system on the same port of the ATA? Feeding existing house wiring? If you have cloned line set up, have you tried swapping the ports?

RB409
@wavecable.com

RB409 to ccmfixit

Anon

to ccmfixit
Try using another brand of cordless phones. In my experience I have found the Panasonic DECT 6.0 phones to be inferior to other brands, I gave my Panasonic DECT 6.0 away to my dad because voice mail waiting indicator would not clear all the time. After reading the reviews by one of the non-profit consumer report companies in their monthly magazine when the rate cordless phones they always rate V-tech the best (they are also way more stylish and do not look so utilitarian like the panasonics) since using the Vtech DECT 6.0 the voice mail waiting indicator problem has gone away.

srm59
Premium Member
join:2009-06-22
Glen Cove, NY

srm59 to ccmfixit

Premium Member

to ccmfixit
I just got a new Panasonic KX-TGA402 Dect 6.0 phone and have not had any problems with it on Phone Power. I am on the Aquarius network and it is the only phone on that line (except for my alarm service). I also have a VTech cordless on my cloned line which works fine as well. I tested the Voice Mail notifications and they are working as expected. Maybe I have a newer phone or maybe you may be on the Capricorn network?

Previously I had been using an older AT&T 5.8 Cordless phone for about 8 years. That phone was actually made by Panasonic back then, the notification also had worked well on PP. (The batteries started giving out is why we had to upgrade).
ddwrt4
Sit down and drink with me
join:2010-06-09
Albany, NY

1 edit

ddwrt4

Between ya and I srm59 I think the anon poster ^ is making an issue where none really exist. Almost everything that is electronic from the compass drifting in a plane to the HT-502 is not invaluable. I myself have had to reboot my device. So ya either log into your voicemail or reboot your base station or ATA.

Note: link removed

thecruiser
@comcast.net

thecruiser to ccmfixit

Anon

to ccmfixit
said by ccmfixit :

Every time I receive a call on my new Panasonic Cordless phones, the notification comes up and says "New Voice Mail" and starts blinking. I know how to clear it (by pressing and holding the # key), but it is really a pain. You are never really sure you have VM or not - and it blinks in the middle of the night. Please help!! Thanks

My Panasonic KX-TGA641 has a setting to disable the voice mail flashing indicator. You may also want to enable the timer to disable the ringer at a specific time.
ddwrt4
Albany, NY

ddwrt4

Well, duct tape would also work ^ as well
AJCxZ0
join:2009-05-12
Vienna, VA

AJCxZ0 to ccmfixit

to ccmfixit
Never had any problem with my KX-TGA931T. Missed call and voicemail indicators have always displayed correctly.

I'm on the Capricorn netowork.
ddwrt4
Albany, NY

ddwrt4

I'll do some more testing on Aquarius and post my results
dh89334
join:2007-03-26
South Orange, NJ

dh89334 to ccmfixit

to ccmfixit
AT&T phones too... DECT phones. VM indicator doesn't clear. Aquarius network.

Pain in the butt, unplugging every week when it get's annoying enough. Starting to feel like Vista PC.

topgun
join:2011-01-31

topgun

Have you tried any other brands besides AT&T? JMHO Uni-den and Panasonic phones seem to built the best for VoIp.
dh89334
join:2007-03-26
South Orange, NJ

dh89334

I've tried both Panasonic & Uniden in the past 18 months. Both sucked at headset volume. Oddly, I used the AT&T set on Verizon FIOS home phone service and VM indicator comes on & off perfectly. I'm thinking the Grandstream has a problem.
dh89334

dh89334 to ccmfixit

to ccmfixit
Update. Cleared 2 VMails today & the indicator cleared!!. Thank you, PP, if you fixed something.

topgun
join:2011-01-31

topgun

said by dh89334:

Update. Cleared 2 VMails today & the indicator cleared!!. Thank you, PP, if you fixed something.

They probably rebooted that adapter for ya, lol...