spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BobbyRoss
@bellsouth.net

BobbyRoss

Anon

First Time Flying in Atlanta

Good afternoon everyone..just wanted some thoughts on checking in and going through screening at the airport in Atlanta and what to do and not to do. Just want to hear from those who have been through and what to expect. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks from an anxious first timer!

n1zuk
making really tiny tech things
Premium Member
join:2001-10-24
Malta

n1zuk

Premium Member

Get there early. Everybody goes through the ticketing terminal, and has to pass through TSA screening before they can take the train to the other terminals.

One long line, that puts Disney World to shame. They try to trick you, breaking the one line into two smaller lines, but they just recombine them further up.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez to BobbyRoss

to BobbyRoss
said by BobbyRoss :

Good afternoon everyone..just wanted some thoughts on checking in and going through screening at the airport in Atlanta and what to do and not to do. Just want to hear from those who have been through and what to expect. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks from an anxious first timer!

ATL has been oddly efficient in the screening lately. Even at the height of Christmas travel at lunch time shift change, it was less that 10 minutes to get through.

All the TSA employees I've dealt with are generally nice, so be nice back. It goes a long way IMO. Always remember that they don't make the rules, they're just doing their job, and it's not a fun one, so give a smile or even a laugh and it will go along way.

But there is generally a single point in between the north and south terminals where all passengers are screened. There is a separate one for the T-Gate, but I've not bothered to use it for some time.

You can check the wait times here: »www.atlanta-airport.com/

My tip:

Check bags at the curb side checkin. It's faster, as there seems to always be a mob in line in the terminal.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d

Premium Member

yes get there early, then go drink to calm you down. I`ve flown dozens of times and I still have at least 3 beers to calm my nerves.. i hate flying. never had an issue tho. oh, and dont get shitfaced, thats a bad idea.

-j

BobbyRoss
@airtelbroadband.in

BobbyRoss

Anon

Hey guys...thanks for all the replies. It was such a breeze I feel like a baby now by the way I am in Mumbai India and loving it very much!