uniqs
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

1 recommendation

openbox9 to Radio Active

Premium Member

to Radio Active

Re: Perhaps there really is some competition?

I doubt it. Everyone, Karl included, seems to be ignoring McAdam's updated statement that this unlimited plan is an intro offer and that VZW will follow AT&T's lead shortly.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

said by openbox9:

I doubt it. Everyone, Karl included, seems to be ignoring McAdam's updated statement that this unlimited plan is an intro offer and that VZW will follow AT&T's lead shortly.

I agree. Just like att had intro unlimited for ipad.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to openbox9

to openbox9
Most likely Verizon iPhone subs will be grand-fathered into the unlimited plan making the switch to Verizon much more attractive.

This is Verizon's version of AT&T's 'sticky' customers, unwilling to switch in fear of loosing their 'unlimited' status.

As the LTE version of the iPhone comes out next year they will be able to upgrade without loosing their 'unlimited' plan.

... it's going to be a bloodbath for AT&T.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

said by etaadmin:

As the LTE version of the iPhone comes out next year they will be able to upgrade without loosing their 'unlimited' plan.

I definitely wouldn't bet on that.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan to chgo_man99

to chgo_man99
Unlimited data for the iPad lasted about 40 days... Before AT&T pulled the rug out from people, who in some cases hadn't even received their iPad 3G's yet. There is a class action lawsuit about this:
»www.lieffcabraser.com/ca ··· seID=316

Some breakthrough deal with AT&T Steve....

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
said by openbox9:

The unlimited deal was probably part of the deal Verizon cut with Apple to get the iPhone. Get the fish good and hooked and then reel them in later after they are locked in to the Apple iPhone universe.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

Yep, likely not much different than AT&T's iPad deal that IPPlanMan See Profile is complaining about.
etaadmin
united state

1 edit

etaadmin to openbox9

to openbox9
said by openbox9:

said by etaadmin:

I would... and I'm ready to buy the Verizon iPhone as soon as it becomes available.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

Considering you won't see an LTE capable iPhone until summer 2012 at the earliest, you'll be waiting a while. Mark this post and I'll see you back here in another year or two
etaadmin
united state

etaadmin

said by openbox9:

Considering you won't see an LTE capable iPhone until summer 2012 at the earliest, you'll be waiting a while. Mark this post and I'll see you back here in another year or two

Well in another year or two I'll upgrade to the LTE version in the mean time I'll have what I always wanted ... a Verizon iPhone. No problem here.

We consumers is what drives the US economy.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH to etaadmin

Premium Member

to etaadmin
I would probably be saying the same thing had I not thrown down on a Droid Incredible last April. Now I'm locked in until December.

Come my upgrade time I will re evaluate. By then, Verizon should have several LTE phones and hopefully an LTE capable iPhone 5.

But, I'm pretty happy with my HTC phone. The battery life sucks a bag of Richards, but otherwise, it's light years from my previous handset (the dreaded Blackberry Storm).

It really is amazing to see how the technology has progressed across the past 3 years. There are so many capable handsets on so many carriers, the consumer is the winner in the end with all the choices they have.
Expand your moderator at work
Big Dawg 23
join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN

Big Dawg 23 to openbox9

to openbox9

Re: Perhaps there really is some competition?

I am with Openbox9. There will be no LTE Unlimited Plan. I can see VZW even doing the old "You want the iPhone 5 well your Data Plan and Minute Plan do not Qualify".

My belief is VZW wants the immediate push for iPhone's so they went unlimited. That will go away with LTE if that is on iPhone 5(As Rumored) come June(If VZW gets it like AT&T does Annually).

This will get many unhappy AT&T subscribers to Jump now because they have an Unlimited Option. It will also get People who wanted Unlimited when they option went away.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
said by openbox9:

I'm with you. ANY change at all, and that deal will be history, never to repeat.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9 to Big Dawg 23

Premium Member

to Big Dawg 23
LTE iPhone won't arrive until summer 2012 at the earliest, but otherwise I agree.

Radio Active
My pappy's a pistol
Premium Member
join:2003-01-31
Fullerton, CA

Radio Active to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Get the fish good and hooked and then reel them in later after they are locked in to the Apple iPhone universe.

Kinda like Big Tobacco.

Linkedit5
join:2004-10-10
Brooklyn, NY

Linkedit5 to etaadmin

to etaadmin
said by etaadmin:

... it's going to be a bloodbath for AT&T.

not unless vzw can somehow magically find a way to allow data and voice on a call at the same time.

i work with about 10 people that have iphones and even though they admit that att's voice service is crap that are not willing to give up using data and voice at the same time.