share rss forum feed

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink

Good Luck With That!

Verizon's 3G footprint is already fairly taxed - EVDO data rates here are typically 200kbps. Add several million video-streaming iFlock narcissists, and it will be a real turd.

Verizon will find itself having to rescind the plan quickly.
Apparently they didn't study their main rival, or learn anything from Virgin, TMO, and Sprint.

So if you really think you want to commit to $2K-3K to switch for 24 months, do it now! Your "unlimited" phone will not break any speed records, but at least you'll be able to boast on DSLR that you're immune from overage charges.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
said by elray:

Verizon's 3G footprint is already fairly taxed - EVDO data rates here are typically 200kbps.

Where is "around here"? I've been all over Verizon's footprint and I've NEVER seen performance that lousy except in fringe signal areas. In areas with good signal I've seen data rates that range from 800kbit/s to 2,500kbit/s.

I spent this last weekend in Manhattan where everybody claims that the network is overloaded and never saw my speed dip below 1,200kbit/s. When I was up late at night I was getting closer to 2,000kbit/s.