uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy

More snow

Seems like this year is like last year where we get a snow storm every week. Although the storms this year are lesser amounts. I can't remember series of winters where it seemed to snow every week. Usually we got a few storms in January or February and sometimes in March.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

You cleaning that crap up again this year?

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
Sout Joisy

1 recommendation

said by Jodokast96:

You cleaning that crap up again this year?

Yup still doing it. Get extra pay for snow plowing though so its all good.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Lone Wolf
Almost Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

Up to 15" of the global warming stuff in Philly.

Jodokast96
Premium
Erial, NJ

They totally screwed up the call on this storm. They waited until the last possible minute to make any call, and still got it wrong.

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
Sout Joisy

said by Jodokast96:

They totally screwed up the call on this storm. They waited until the last possible minute to make any call, and still got it wrong.

Gotta love mother nature, she still shows us that all our modern technology can't tell nothing sometimes. Worked 14 hours, went in early to fix a plow that got damaged earlier by hitting a high manhole cover (which will wake the dead when you hit it). It was coming down so hard that by the time we got both sides plowed the other side looked like we didn't even touch it. Came home, made a little path to my door and thats it, the rest can wait as I was beat.
--
-Jimi Hendrix

jimpcon
IETSUP

join:2003-01-03
Newtown, PA
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

PLEASE, NO MORE SNOW!!!!! Its starting to get old. They do such a half *** job of plowing our streets my mailbox is 8ft from the road now. I remember when I used to like it. UUUUGGGHHHH!!!!
--
IETSUP!!!!

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma

The ice storm knocked down the Comcast drop to my house. I ditched them years ago for FIOS. They came out today and removed it completely.

Had two trees down on my street Wednesday. They had crews out to deal with that. Also had a tree limb fall on the power lines that run through my backyard.. They came out Thursday, killed the power to the neighborhood, and knocked the limb down.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

I can't remember series of winters where it seemed to snow every week.

1995-1996. There were 17 storms during the winter.

Jodokast96
Premium
Erial, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

said by Bobcat79:

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

I can't remember series of winters where it seemed to snow every week.

1995-1996. There were 17 storms during the winter.

Not down here. If I'm not mistaken, that was the year we got a two footer followed by some nasty ice storms, but not much overall snow. We've had snow on the ground now, continuously (with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 days at New Years), since the day after Christmas. That has not happened going back as far as 1980 that I can recall.