share rss forum feed

PhonePower
Premium
join:2007-07-20
Winnetka, CA
kudos:1
reply to dannyt

Re: iPhone app?

These things a lot more time than you may think. I would say it will be at least 3 more months before the app is approved and available in the android marketplace.

We have sip credentials now which may or may not help on the click2call front. Click2call is the most reliable way to make cheap International calls IMO. It should work in any number of generic apps. But I agree with you that a fully interleaved app simply has more possible functionality. Hence the apps being developed.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to dannyt
The app looks nice, but the alpahnumeric caller ID info is missing from the call log (it's available on the website). Please, please add this, as you do not provide it in the voicemail emails.

I'm using SIP credentials with Siphon until the PhonePower app gets VOIP capabilities. It's so awesome to be able to take my PhonePower with me! Very exciting stuff.

-- Rob
--
AT&T U-Hearse
Your funeral. Delivered.

PhonePower
Premium
Winnetka, CA
It's all in the works.

said by djrobx:

The app looks nice, but the alpahnumeric caller ID info is missing from the call log (it's available on the website). Please, please add this, as you do not provide it in the voicemail emails.

I'm using SIP credentials with Siphon until the PhonePower app gets VOIP capabilities. It's so awesome to be able to take my PhonePower with me! Very exciting stuff.

-- Rob

Broadband22

join:2009-04-18
Boulder, CO
reply to dannyt
So, what changes in the new version of the iPhone app that was "just" released??

PhonePower
Premium
Winnetka, CA
Per iTunes:
What's New in Version 1.2.1?
Added Features:
- Phone Power Contacts screen now has a search field.
- When editing a Phone Power contact's phone number, the cursor could be moved and magnified inside the text.
- If the user has voicemail, the voicemail count is shown with a badge inside the Voicemail Tab. The count is updated every one minute.
- Voicemail speaker toggle button is changed to better reflect the speaker's on/off status.

Bug Fixes:
- The "Other" phone label was causing a crash when the Phone Power contact detail screen was viewed. Fixed.
- Viewing the detail screen of a newly added contact was causing a crash. Fixed.
- Some of the phone labels were not being shown in Contacts screen. Fixed.

This should be the last update for Ver 1. We're still about 90 days out from Version2 (3G/WiFi support) being released. Android (3G/WiFi) should be released about the same time.
Regarding the call log in chronologic order, this is something we're working to fix this month. It's an internal API issue, not an App issue, so no app update will be necessary.

Broadband22

join:2009-04-18
Boulder, CO
How about releasing images of the new(er) UI.

We can help you with your choice of field names, i.e. make them mean something to the common person.

Current Line in Use: huh?

Source Number: huh?

Log sort sequence should be reversed

Tnx

ftld

join:2008-06-23
Hempstead, NY
reply to dannyt
I notice a minor problem in the current version of the iPhone app, as follows:

I have this forwarding rule set up (on the PP website):

When someone calls (xxx)...
Use The Rules Below

Rule name Main
Destination My Phone
Ring this destination for 24 seconds
...if none of those are picked up, I want the caller sent to
This Number (yyy)...

This works fine, but when I go into Options -> Forwarding Rules in the app, the wrong box is checked at the last step above. Instead of This Number, the Voicemail box is checked.

If I change it to This Number and save, when I exit Options and go back in, it's back to Voicemail.

Forwarding does work correctly, so it looks like just a display bug in the app.

PhonePwrTech

reply to dannyt
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We were able to replicate the behavior and our developers are looking into the issue.

NGOwner

join:2000-11-21
Leawood, KS
reply to PhonePower
said by PhonePower:

These things a lot more time than you may think. I would say it will be at least 3 more months before the app is approved and available in the android marketplace.

Any word on the Android App? Is it nearing completion? Need a beta tester?

[NG]Owner
--
It is impossible to create an idiot-proof product. Humanity is simply too adept at churning out better idiots.

DSM Fan

join:2010-10-04
Covina, CA
reply to dannyt
Here here Android app where are you?
Expand your moderator at work