share rss forum feed

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1

He didn't say it'd be ready by 2015.

He just said that he'd make it possible within 5 years.

It's simply saying that he'll push for the extended AWS-3 auction, as well as maybe a final 700mhz auction.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

1 edit

2 recommendations

I'm tired of people judging politicians by their actions and or subjecting their statements to a reality test.

Lets just listen to their nice words and melodic voice, isn't that enough?
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to tiger72

I doubt if Obama knows a single detail behind any of the statements he makes regarding broadband. It's just another platitude that sounds like something is going to be done, when in fact there will be absolutely no change whatsoever to the current situation vis-a-vis incumbent control.

what gets done will only be done if the big boys want it, and it will only get done on their terms and at their pace.

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD

1 recommendation

reply to pandora

you forgot to turn on [/sarcasm]

some people may think you're serious

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2

You got me. I thought the sarcasm was obvious.

Austinloop

join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX
reply to nasadude

"I doubt if Obama knows a single detail behind any of the statements he makes regarding broadband. It's just another platitude that sounds like something is going to be done, when in fact there will be absolutely no change whatsoever to the current situation vis-a-vis incumbent control."

I think that applies to a lot of other things that person pontificates on.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO
reply to nasadude

said by nasadude:

I doubt if Obama knows a single detail behind any of the statements he makes regarding broadband. It's just another platitude that sounds like something is going to be done, when in fact there will be absolutely no change whatsoever to the current situation vis-a-vis incumbent control.

what gets done will only be done if the big boys want it, and it will only get done on their terms and at their pace.

I don't expect the president to worry about the finer details behind spectrum auctions. If anything, that's in the legislature's purview. That said, spectrum auctions are still a good thing. A lack of spectrum is partially why we're in the mess we're in right now with regards to wireless competition.
--
"What makes us omniscient? Have we a record of omniscience? ...If we can't persuade nations with comparable values of the merit of our cause, we'd better reexamine our reasoning."
-United States Secretary of Defense (1961-1968) Robert S. McNamara

DRDarkeNY

@rr.com
reply to pandora

It was obvious to me - but then again, we're smart, not chuckleheads like THOSE guys....