tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

He didn't say it'd be ready by 2015.

He just said that he'd make it possible within 5 years.

It's simply saying that he'll push for the extended AWS-3 auction, as well as maybe a final 700mhz auction.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

1 edit

2 recommendations

pandora

Premium Member

I'm tired of people judging politicians by their actions and or subjecting their statements to a reality test.

Lets just listen to their nice words and melodic voice, isn't that enough?
nasadude
join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD

nasadude to tiger72

to tiger72
I doubt if Obama knows a single detail behind any of the statements he makes regarding broadband. It's just another platitude that sounds like something is going to be done, when in fact there will be absolutely no change whatsoever to the current situation vis-a-vis incumbent control.

what gets done will only be done if the big boys want it, and it will only get done on their terms and at their pace.
nasadude

1 recommendation

nasadude to pandora

to pandora
you forgot to turn on [/sarcasm]

some people may think you're serious
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

You got me. I thought the sarcasm was obvious.
Austinloop
join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

Austinloop to nasadude

to nasadude
"I doubt if Obama knows a single detail behind any of the statements he makes regarding broadband. It's just another platitude that sounds like something is going to be done, when in fact there will be absolutely no change whatsoever to the current situation vis-a-vis incumbent control."

I think that applies to a lot of other things that person pontificates on.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72 to nasadude

Premium Member

to nasadude
said by nasadude:

I doubt if Obama knows a single detail behind any of the statements he makes regarding broadband. It's just another platitude that sounds like something is going to be done, when in fact there will be absolutely no change whatsoever to the current situation vis-a-vis incumbent control.

what gets done will only be done if the big boys want it, and it will only get done on their terms and at their pace.

I don't expect the president to worry about the finer details behind spectrum auctions. If anything, that's in the legislature's purview. That said, spectrum auctions are still a good thing. A lack of spectrum is partially why we're in the mess we're in right now with regards to wireless competition.

DRDarkeNY
@rr.com

DRDarkeNY to pandora

Anon

to pandora
It was obvious to me - but then again, we're smart, not chuckleheads like THOSE guys....