Reviews:
·Windstream

1 recommendation

reply to openbox9

Re: Tens-of-Billions of What?

said by openbox9:

said by Karl Bode:

AT&T and Verizon currently squat on tens-of-billions in unused spectrum

Karl, can you quantify how much unused spectrum VZ and T are "squatting" on in terms of bandwidth instead of the regurgitated and pointless dollar guesstimate often reported elsewhere?

If you have a counter argument with verifiable facts I would love to read it...
--
Returnil - 21st Century body armor for your PC

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

What am I to counter? I've asked this question before and so far have not received an answer. Am I off-base to want to know how much unused spectrum is currently under control of VZ and T given our current understanding of the laws of physics? Money is irrelevant in regards to this topic. Quoting billions of dollars only serves to show what companies valued the spectrum at some point in history and is only relevant if the spectrum were to go up for sale again.

ElusiveH

join:2004-10-29
united state

Close enough for you?

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

If you find me one detailing used and unused spectrum, I'd be ecstatic. That's a good start though, thanks.

ElusiveH

join:2004-10-29
united state

Well Verizon and AT&T don't use the 2100 MHz band they hold. So thats some.

Heres maps of The 700Mhz they hold and in what markets they have more spectrum. AT&T's is probably larger from the Qualcomm spectrum acquisition recently
»thinkd2c.wordpress.com/2009/08/2···-vs-att/

coldmoon
Premium
join:2002-02-04
Broadway, NC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to openbox9

quote:
...Am I off-base to want to know how much unused spectrum is currently under control of VZ and T given our current understanding of the laws of physics? ...
Absolutely not and is also what I am curious about.
--
Returnil - 21st Century body armor for your PC