Search similar:

uniqs
mitsu06mr
join:2010-06-07
Ozone Park, NY

1 recommendation

mitsu06mr

Mr. President you are a joke.

Nice lets not face the fact that our economy and states are falling apart. Lets think about giving everyone Internet and or wireless broadband!

Come on we need 98% of US OF A on facebook.

trollaway
@telus.net

trollaway

Anon

said by mitsu06mr:

Nice lets not face the fact that our economy and states are falling apart. Lets think about giving everyone Internet and or wireless broadband!

States are falling apart due to so much hate in some republicans minds. They can't stand to see anyone getting services back from the government for the small amount of taxes that they pay. Other countries give all sorts of perks of life and the people enjoy life, instead of misspelling signs, of hate.
GE did not even pay taxes in the U.S. for a few years for not making any money, yet made billions overseas. Creative accounting that is endorsed by the republicans.

So how smart or dumb is peoples particular state.
»www.ccsu.edu/page.cfm?p=8142
tman852
join:2010-07-06
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

tman852 to mitsu06mr

to mitsu06mr
said by mitsu06mr:

Come on we need 98% of US OF A on facebook.

1.) Making his proposition a reality would put a lot of people to work.
2.) I'm stuck on expensive mobile broadband with very low caps because Fuck Warner and At&shit won't bother hitting my road with high speed since it "isn't profitable enough" for them yet everyone agreed to pitch in paying for it to be run.
3.) I have to deal with online videos/etc from classes in college on a low bandwidth, low cap unreliable service, so yes, if this came true it would be a god send to me and help me tremendously with school work as well as business, due to the poor service I am not able to telecommute.
mitsu06mr
join:2010-06-07
Ozone Park, NY

mitsu06mr

What makes you think this wont be another failed government project just like most of them? I don't trust the government to have anything ran properly. Anything they do is for $$ and only for $$. Do you really think they would get you wireless broadband just because you need it ?

You are wrong my friend they only want profit and only care to profit from you.
ElusiveH
join:2004-10-29
united state

ElusiveH to trollaway

to trollaway
That chart is flawed, you're telling me that Detroit, MI is higher ranked than Phoenix, AZ. I'm from MI and I'm pretty sure Detroit is much, much worse than Phoenix
tman852
join:2010-07-06
Columbus, OH

tman852 to mitsu06mr

to mitsu06mr
I don't trust the government either honestly. I'm just making my point about my situation that would in fact benefit from this. If it did in fact pan out as proposed, great, but I really don't have my hopes up.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction to mitsu06mr

Premium Member

to mitsu06mr
You make light of it if you want (98% percent lolcat coverage I can haz internet LOL), but telecommunications are a huge part of our economies these days. Besides the money they generate on their own they enable innovation and productivity.

Still I agree there are bigger problems. The 'information economy' is huge and growing but in the end won't be enough to make us (Canada or the USA) globally competitive on its own. It needs to be combined with top notch education for sure, as well as an energy strategy and other sectors like manufacturing and agriculture.

JaredMitchel
@208.3.69.x

JaredMitchel to trollaway

Anon

to trollaway
Exactly! And these big telcos better watch out. Wiki Leaks may expose them for their tax evasion ways. There are a ton of US based businesses who benefited from the Bush Era "no regulation," like: Target, Vons (Safeway) and counteless others who have used loopholes to avoid paying taxes and stash $$$ out of the country. This wll all come to light really really soon and will be a huge embarrassment to the GOP who is in the pay of Big Corporatons.

I'm not for too much regulation as it can stifle business growth. However despite all the whining US based industries like Wall Street, The Housing Market and Big Oil have proven what happens when you let the crooks play: Corruption, worst recession ever since the GD and the worst most expensive oil spill in our history.

Bush tax cuts to the rich didn't create jobs either. They got lots of money, free reign to do as they pleased while this plunged our country into darkness.

Now the GOP (the Tea Party's bitch) is trying to come across as financially conservative while blaming the 2 year President for all the countries woes. We gave them 8 years of our time with Bush but they forget that.

Today they still don't have any real solutions. Their motto is just cut cut cut for any program that benefits the middle class or poor while giving their rich Wall Street friends $400 billion in tax breaks.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to mitsu06mr

Premium Member

to mitsu06mr
Maybe if the Government would finally hold the Federal Reserve accountable for their actions (By the way, the FEDERAL reserve is no more FEDERAL than FedEx is) then maybe this smoke and mirror game that Washington DC will finally come to an end.

The economy is falling apart, as planned. Money doesn't disappear into thing air - it's still there,.. it's just that the Federal Reserve has been playing a game of "build 'em up and knock 'em down" since 1938.

By the way, Facebook is nothing more than the most incredible source of information voluntarily offered up by people in one central depository for access by any governmental agency at anytime. It's just amazing how fast what is said on Faceook has become admissible in court so much more over that of text messaging and instant messaging. Sadly, the sheep of American continue to feed into what IS "big brother".. (its not to say that Facebook was created by the governments, however, it's certainly got their attention - one just has to follow the facebook-effect)

Any by the way - the United States is already bankrupt. The Federal government will most likely, and soon, create a law that will allow the fed to take states into receivership. I think people give this country too much credit and are FAR too complacent when it comes to what's going on around them. The country is at a major tipping point and IS very much capable of collapse - yet most people don't care. Most people in this country ESPECIALLY the young will continue to walk around with their heads in the cloud (yes, the internet cloud) posting mindless crap on facebook, putting their hand out to the nanny state for 'their fair share' (which I've yet to understand what they think is theirs to have) all while being all too worried about why they don't have the fastest fiber internet connection in their home, and all the unlimited next-gen mobile data they can waste in the palm of their hand for next to nothing.

Grow up people - it's time to see the world with out the rose colored glasses.

That moron's speech last night was a complete waste of 62 minutes of our time and patronized most every American watching it. It was an ill-crafted attempt to sooth the pulse of American starting with the whole "we're on a date" crap in the congress to the sob open line about the VP and the Speaker (aka, the Crybaby) to the continued bastardization of what the State of the Union Address is really for. He was up there campaigning for his 2012 election more than any other 1st term President I've ever seen in my time.

/rant
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to tman852

Premium Member

to tman852
People continually complain that the government fails at what it does, which it fails very well. People complain that companies are out for nothing but profit, which they are.

So far so good? ... because these are both very true statements.

What is ALWAYS left out of the equation is the consumer/citizen. There is a third aspect to these arguments - that's the lazy and un-motivated individual who will not sacrifice and make a stand for what they believe in TO enact a change.

To be a PART of the process and not a victim of it, people HAVE to be willing to organize, they have to be willing to do with out, and they have to STOP falling for every game played by either.

Companies continue to lie to the consumer yet the consumer continues to buy all while saying "I don't have a choice" - Yes, you do! However, most people don't make the choice to do with out! .. it doesn't take long to go with out.

Government continues to pick the pockets of the people and pass illegal laws, yet the voters CONTINUE to put these people back in. They continue to not organize and judging by the voter turn out in this country, the majority of people have proven they can't be bothered - thus, this gives the government the ability to run unchecked. Your grandparents, great grand parents, and great great grandparents would be INCREDIBLY ashamed of those people. THESE generations understood the need to sacrifice and the need to fight.. today's generation is lazy, under-educated, selfish, greedy, and un-motivated.

ANYONE that chooses to respond to this post needs to be ready to prove why this is wrong or please don't bother. The final fact that I will state before posting this is that people are also GREATLY in denial, which if you ask me is THE biggest problem today. No one wants to face the reality and truth. .. people around here just want free or cheap internet, video, and communication services and could really care less about anyone else all while THINKING and making themselves BELIEVE that they do.