Click for full size
wasn't me earlier
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Can't shovel anymore my back is talking to me and the slick sleet is too treacherous, used up all the salt/melt, so dumping some pix early...
hope you enjoy, I thought some were really clever.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

So I gather you're enjoying our Snow of Doom.

I just went downstairs to the mini market in my building to get a loaf of Italian bread...got the itch to have garlic bread with dinner. The usual bunch of panic-stricken people racing for the usual m/b/tp. I got the next to last loaf of Italian and the last rye for sandwiches...but, I had to settle for un-seeded!

SqueeksDad
I Miss Her
Premium Member
join:2002-09-14
Hyattsville, MD

SqueeksDad

Premium Member

said by DC DSL:

I got the next to last loaf of Italian and the last rye for sandwiches...but, I had to settle for un-seeded!

So you were the so and so that got my rye, good thing they still had the single malt.

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

Heehee. You come all the way from Hyattsville to Dupont in the snow to shop? Pssssssst: I'm selling TP for $20 a roll until we get 6" of snow, then the price goes up to $40.

I'm good on booze. The market in the building sells beer and wine, there's a liquor store directly across the street, and another one a block down from me. I think I'll manage to survive until it melts tomorrow.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

1 recommendation

Coma to Rxdoxx

Premium Member

to Rxdoxx
said by Rxdoxx:

Can't shovel anymore my back is talking to me and the slick sleet is too treacherous, used up all the salt/melt, so dumping some pix early...
hope you enjoy, I thought some were really clever.

Take care of your back, its the only one you have.

On a related note, I particularly liked the blood hound shying away from the underwear, most excellent.

Rxdoxx

join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD

Rxdoxx

Glad you liked it, I thought the bloodhound's expression was incredible.

On a snow note, not icy here, getting deep though, maybe 6".
Just took the recycling out to the street, absolutely no idea if they are even going to try to pick-up tomorrow, but it is out there, and I didn't slip or slide at all (unlike this afternoon when I was clearing the car and shoveling.. Oh why did I even bother...)

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC

DC DSL

Premium Member

It changed back to a rainy/snowy mix here. I think we got about 4" before it started getting washed off. It's now a sloooooshy mess. Most of the sidewalks around me are shoveled, though.

Rxdoxx

join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD

1 edit

Rxdoxx

Click for full size
Here I have heavy icy clumps pulling my leyland cypress branches the whole way down to the deck. I hope they aren't damaged, that is a nice privacy barrier.

Saw 6 male cardinals around the feeder, they are territorial so 6 that close says they are very hungry. Hopefully got some pix, have to dig out the card reader, then edit the size down to post if any turned out.
One turned out, apparently zoom doesn't work through windows
One male on feeder on pole, one on rail next to pole, a female on the chair arm.
And you can see branches pulled down, usually can't see neighbors house at all