4 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

NetFlix's Reaction to 2011-44

NETFLIX Finally Wakes Up & Weighs In !

»www.winnipegfreepress.co ··· 229.html

»arstechnica.com/tech-pol ··· lous.ars
quote:
Hastings [NetFlix's CEO] also criticized the prices being charged to users that exceed their download caps.

quote:
Internet users have largely sided with Netflix's view of the situation. - They rebelled when Time Warner Cable tested low data caps and overage fees, eventually forcing the company to reverse course, and they're currently protesting so loudly in Canada that the government regulator has had to take some action. - But when ISPs have set huge caps, like Comcast's 250GB limit, few complaints have arisen.
Vomio
join:2008-04-01

Vomio

It will be pretty sad if they have to also pay the trolls that control the bridges to Canada's version of the internet. Bell's dream multi-tiered internet access where you pay the troll when you cross the bridge coming or going.

I giggled
@videotron.ca

I giggled to Davesnothere

Anon

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

NETFLIX Finally Wakes Up & Weighs In !

»www.winnipegfreepress.co ··· 229.html

In a letter to investors, he said it costs ISPs about a penny per gigabyte of data traffic — and that cost is decreasing. He said overage data charged at $1 per gigabyte is "grossly overpriced." Meanwhile, Canada's largest ISP's typically charge twice that amount and sometimes more.

"Hopefully we can work with the different consumer groups and providers and get a better costing structure," Hastings said in the conference call, "more in the one-penny range or (plans) bundled in with a much higher cap."

hehe Bell will set Mr. Hastings straight and show him a gig is really 4.50$ and that the wild and crazy low price of 2.50$/gig is a great deal!

It's clear to me Mr. Hastings does not realize the true cost on internal B/W before it even hits the internet.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to Vomio

Premium Member

to Vomio
said by Vomio:

It will be pretty sad if they have to also pay the trolls that control the bridges to Canada's version of the internet.

Bell's dream multi-tiered internet access where you pay the troll when you cross the bridge coming or going.

-
So that would make them 'Troll Bridges', right ?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Expand your moderator at work
Vomio
join:2008-04-01

Vomio to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere

Re: NetFlix's Reaction to 2011-44

said by Davesnothere:

-
So that would make them 'Troll Bridges', right ?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

That's right.
»homepage.mac.com/dunestr ··· roll.jpg
That's no beaver in a booth saying "Welcome to Canada" .