HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to JGROCKY

Premium Member

to JGROCKY

Re: What exactly is a bandwidth hog?

It's all about protecting their legacy wireline, tv and broadcasting business, and in the mean time racking in millions in these bogus UBB charges with costs inflated 10x over.

The whole congestion thing has been a smokescreen from the start, when they first started throttling EVERYONE, congestion on the node or not.

And the throttling was a punitive 30KB/sec, for over 10 hours each day in the timeslot, not dynamically when the conditions required it.

CRTC gave them technical and economic ITMP. What the hell is next? Prepaying for blocks of websites you can access? How the hell is the CRTC so blind?

This is such a 180 from the Policy Directive or whatever they call it. Not fair, not competitive, and monopolistic abuse of power.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

Wasn't part of the rumors a year ago about paid access to popular sites like YouTube? Like tv packages
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by Tx:

Wasn't part of the rumors a year ago about paid access to popular sites like YouTube? Like tv packages

I believe that was brought up in a "slippery slope" argument of where this could end up. I don't think there was any source indicating that was actually in the plan right now (at least no remotely credible source).

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by bt:

said by Tx:

I believe that was brought up in a "slippery slope" argument of where this could end up. I don't think there was any source indicating that was actually in the plan right now (at least no remotely credible source).

Any wagers since bell successfully passed ubb that this could be a future buessness model.

Wouldn't that be something