Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to Davesnothere

Vancouver Sun's Followup

This is an editorial, but is still worthy of reading, IMNSHO.

»www.vancouversun.com/Opinion+Usa···ory.html

It mentions some not so crazy rates which Telus currently charges their own end-users/customers for Internet.
quote:
For example, Telus is offering plans ranging from 13 gigabytes per month for a bundled price of $20, to 250 GB per month for $50.

I would not be offended at paying $50 for 250GB UNTHROTTLED usage per month, as long as any overage charges were fair and reasonable, cost-based and linear.

And correct me if wrong, but even this latest CRTC decision 2011-44 does not FORCE the other incumbent ISPs (such as Telus) to set low monthly caps, nor to charge any UBB at all - it only blesses BHell's plan to screw us thru THEIR Indie ISP partners, and recommends that the other incumbents submit tariffs if they wish to hop onto the BHell/CRTC bandwagon.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
said by Davesnothere:

And correct me if wrong, but even this latest CRTC decision 2011-44 does not FORCE the other incumbent ISPs (such as Telus) to set low monthly caps, nor to charge any UBB at all - it only blesses BHell's plan to screw us thru THEIR Indie ISP partners, and recommends that the other incumbents submit tariffs if they wish to hop onto the BHell/CRTC bandwagon.

Does not force the incumbents to do anything, but allows the incumbents to enforce UBB on wholesalers who use their networks, matching their published UBB caps, EVEN if they waive or discount their retail UBB.
--
Ontario can lead again - Tim Hudak in 2011
Save Canadian Internet - StopUBB.ca

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit
said by corster:

Does not force the incumbents to do anything, but allows the incumbents to enforce UBB on wholesalers who use their networks, matching their published UBB caps, EVEN if they waive or discount their retail UBB.

So it looks like you agree with what I said.

My thrust was that Telus, for example, does not HAVE to levy ANY form of UBB on ANYBODY because of CRTC Decision 2011-44, if they should choose to take the 'High Road' on this.

Depending on how this plays out, some of the other incumbents may well (by their actions) break ranks with Bell on making their own form of UBB into BHell's warped flavour of the beast.

Splitting the incumbents along ideological business models could benefit our cause, and so I say that us LOBBYING the OTHER incumbents to be fair and reasonable about UBB, well (like vitamins) it could not hurt and MIGHT help.

So let the lobbying begin !