share rss forum feed

eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit

Youmano

Anyone ever hear of this company, is it a bell Reseller. I emailed them, but yet to have an answer.

»en.youmano.com/?gclid=CPyC7uDT3a···odFw3G3Q

smooth_cm

@welland.ca
YES!!!..... I currently have internet with them, and its 1000 times better than my bell service. I use online banking to pay for my services everymonth. Customer Service has always been great and the price you see on the website is the price you pay!!

Was soo happy to cancel Bell!

dotnet_nerd

join:2011-04-07
I just had a look at Youmano. They were very pleasant to deal with. Couldn't find my address in their system so they promised to call me back.

Remy replied promptly and was very courteous and helpful.

I want to sign with them, I have a good vibe about these folks. Unfortunately in my part of Stoney Creek I would be in the Band F dry-loop zone ($15.20 charge).

I can live with the charge but does anyone know how good or how crappy my service would be in Band F? thx

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
kudos:1
said by dotnet_nerd:

I just had a look at Youmano. They were very pleasant to deal with. Couldn't find my address in their system so they promised to call me back.

Remy replied promptly and was very courteous and helpful.

I want to sign with them, I have a good vibe about these folks. Unfortunately in my part of Stoney Creek I would be in the Band F dry-loop zone ($15.20 charge).

I can live with the charge but does anyone know how good or how crappy my service would be in Band F? thx

The band rate doesn't reflect how far you are from the CO, it reflects how popular the city was when they made the band rates. Someone posted about a year ago that they were in Band F in Toronto or somewhere.

SHY
0x27
Premium
join:2010-06-21
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
reply to eweazel
I'm thinking of switching to them when my current contract with Videotron is up in June. I'm tired of always worrying about those fucking caps.

Rambobino

join:2003-08-18
Quebec, QC
reply to eweazel
You'll pay the ugly PST(TVQ) on DSL if you live in Quebec... that alone removes the price advantage over Teksavvy

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
kudos:1
said by Rambobino:

You'll pay the ugly PST(TVQ) on DSL if you live in Quebec... that alone removes the price advantage over Teksavvy

8.925%

BobCat67

join:2002-04-30
Havelock, ON
reply to grunze510
also band rate are now based on how many phone numbers are for a certain area the smaller and or populated therefor how many phone numbers are available determine the band rate if lots are avail they can assign a dead number to the dry loop since all dry loops need a number to link to the network it just wont let you call out on that line or recv calls band F G etc all have less #'s available in their area so higher charge to assign what;s left where as bands A and B lots are avail so less cost

dotnet_nerd

join:2011-04-07
reply to dotnet_nerd
Update:

I signed with Youmano and couldn't be happier. I received my modem promptly by UPS, they arranged for the dryloop installer and I was up and running quickly.

They phoned me a few days later to make sure everything was working ok.

Even being semi-rural I'm getting great speeds, about 510KB/s consistently.

Thumbs up for these guys, I highly recommend them.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to BobCat67
said by BobCat67:

also band rate are now based on how many phone numbers are for a certain area the smaller and or populated therefor how many phone numbers are available determine the band rate if lots are avail they can assign a dead number to the dry loop since all dry loops need a number to link to the network it just wont let you call out on that line or recv calls band F G etc all have less #'s available in their area so higher charge to assign what;s left where as bands A and B lots are avail so less cost

Phone numbers are assigned to telephone companies in blocks of 10,000. A village of 500 with it's own exchange is assigned the same size block as a small town with 5000 residents.

The rate band you are in is determined not by the number of telephone numbers available, but by the subscriber density of the exchange. This is based on the idea that it costs Bell more to maintain the physical plant in a low density exchange, so the cost per circuit is higher.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

Redman

join:2010-12-05
reply to eweazel
I was so impressed with their service that I wrote a review.

They have done everything possible to make me feel like I'm a valued customer --- I have recommended friends who have had the same experience.

I went to them from 3Web and have never looked back. I would highly recommend them.

They even took the time to help my son with port configuration for XBox Live. They have earned my business.

Give them a shot - you won't regret it.

alamgir99

join:2011-04-25
Windsor, ON
reply to eweazel
+1 for youmano. Got me hooked on the day as promised. Good speed, good customer service, good price.

So far happy.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
I sent them an email on Saturday and so far haven't heard back from them.
Expand your moderator at work

dudu

@videotron.ca
reply to eweazel

Re: Youmano

not good at all, i advise everyone to connect elsewhere.
i was with them for a week, they send you a modem and router but you cannot go wireless. they dont refund you your money back, they are loosing clients and employees too. too bad so sad for them,

pstewart
Premium,VIP
join:2005-10-12
Peterborough, ON
kudos:2
reply to eweazel
I would suggest that any service provider you go to sign up with you do some homework.

To me I would want to know their company background a bit and ensure they are going to be around tomorrow. Also, customer service and where they are located.

In a technical sense, I would want to ensure they have redundant network facilities (as best as you can find out)..

One red flag with this company (that I've never heard of) would be that they are hosting their website somewhere in the southern USA and only have toll free numbers on their website (no address, no local number etc. etc).
--
Nexicom High Speed Internet - »www.nexicom.net/

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
It's been over a week and they haven't responded to my email. I wouldn't give them my business.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to pstewart
said by pstewart:

One red flag with this company (that I've never heard of) would be that they are hosting their website somewhere in the southern USA and only have toll free numbers on their website (no address, no local number etc. etc).

Dunno, they seem on the up and up. Maybe just a mickey-mouse website that they should move over to Canada.

They seems to be a very small outfit working out of Mount Royal, Montreal, reselling videotron. Kind of another Ebox type thing.

I spotted them last summer reading the gazette online in regards to UBB.

See:
»www.montrealgazette.com/technolo···ory.html

»www.montrealgazette.com/technolo···ory.html

and

»www.montrealgazette.com/Readers+···ory.html

Seems he gave a kid free internet for a year after she got nailed on her wireless with videotron and got over a grand in fines.. err I mean B/W charges.

The guy seems to have a heart, so they can't be all that bad. Besides it's videotron services. Not like Ebox had redundancy when they started, and they still may not on their videotron cable reselling side.

They appear to be on the up and up.

SHY
0x27
Premium
join:2010-06-21
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
reply to eweazel
Why would you read anything into where they host their website? My business is right around the corner from theirs in Montreal, and my website is hosted by an American company too. Where else can you get a decent price? Certainly not here......

eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
Wait, what, where did I mention anything about where they host their website??

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to SHY
said by SHY:

Why would you read anything into where they host their website? My business is right around the corner from theirs in Montreal, and my website is hosted by an American company too. Where else can you get a decent price? Certainly not here......

I would expect any ISP to be capable of hosting their own website.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21

2 edits
reply to hm
said by hm :

They seems to be a very small outfit working out of Mount Royal, Montreal, reselling videotron. Kind of another Ebox type thing.

Hey, just a couple of things here to clarify. Videotron have 2 types of services. You could be a reseller (using videotron bandwidth and ips) or a fully-grown TPIA. In order to be a TPIA ,there are prerequisites such as backhaul from Videotron POIs, a large range of IPv4 space and your own transit providers. We are currently one of the fastest growing TPIA with Videotron.

said by hm :

Besides it's videotron services. Not like Ebox had redundancy when they started, and they still may not on their videotron cable reselling side.

I believe we have some sort of redundancy between Videotron and the Internet. The traffic flow through a redundant core and BGP with 2 transits provider (Peer1 in multihop and Tiscali directly). We are just about to lit a wave on a dedicated fiber for the new core that will have a direct (non multi hop) session with Peer1. This should fix a couple of internal issues we had with static routes.

With the launch of cable in Ontario we are as well beefing up the core to nearly 40 Gbps of packet processing capacity. This is getting serious
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque

cutuzov

join:2007-11-21
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to eweazel
Hmmm... I believe more then 3 persons with recent accounts and to sweet reviews in this tread aren't exactly the customers of Youmano. I actually am, for about a month already.

pros

price, connected promptly(I am using my own modem), Live chat with company representative on there web site, service seems stable so far

cons
they was not able to retrieve my credit card information from there own online order form, my UP speed is a bit lower then i used to

Overall happy

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Check your line stats. Looks like you're on 5056/512 interleaved. Maybe there's a reason for that or maybe not.

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
reply to eweazel
I seen this company on RFD they raised there prices from $28 to $38 in matter of days they seem kind of shady to me.

yuennie

join:2011-06-10
reply to alamgir99
Their internet had good speed, but they have the worst customer service I've ever had. Horrible tech support. This is not on their website or contract agreement, but its something you should know. If you want to cancel the internet, you have to give them 1 months notice or they will bill you with a cancellation fee. Just a heads up.

heiyo

join:2011-07-05
reply to eweazel
Anybody give me an invitation for Youmano? Thanks. I would like to try their DryLoop DSL. Anybody could please send me a message? Thanks

gnome8

join:2011-07-30
Montreal, QC
I would like to join Youmano... If anyone wants to get a referral message me... it would give the referrer and referee a months free dsl service......