uniqs

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Transmaster to kpfx

to kpfx

A real old story

Years ago Echo Star was trying to increase channels and improve coverage to do this they needed to orbit two geo-sync satellites. They couldn't do it, why, because the two orbital positions where owned by a major cable company of the time. They purchased these positions specially but quietly to prevent Direct TV or Echo-Star placing satellites there, they had no real intention in using them. The FCC in one of it's few good decisions in resent decades took them away from the cable company and gave them to Echo-Star. Echo-Star got then over Direct-TV because they actually had the satellites in storage ready to go. Nothing has changed. We have had a politicized FCC since at least the Clinton years with revolving door commissioners. This is why I have always been opposed to out right sales of frequency segments they should be leased with the condition of the lease enforced.

Here is a RF Frequency allocation chart as you will see it is the total jigsaw puzzle.

»www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome ··· chrt.pdf

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

Great poster!

Keep in mind, anything over 300GHz un-allocated, you must have a license to broadcast, still.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

You can use your ham license to transmit. Noncommercial of course.