Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to r81984

Re: More Proof that All Data Plans with Overages Are Bad

Because people love to blame someone for their troubles.

Abusers are being blamed for ending unlimited and now people want to identify who the "abusers" are so they can mock and slam them online.

We see it on here daily. Someone watches 1-2 movies on their iPad or iPhone and are slammed by others claiming that this person has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to bash the phone companies because those movie streams are SO MUCH DATA! YOU ARE AT FAULT! YOU ARE THE REASON!

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
said by Bill Neilson:

We see it on here daily. Someone watches 1-2 movies on their iPad or iPhone and are slammed by others claiming that this person has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to bash the phone companies because those movie streams are SO MUCH DATA! YOU ARE AT FAULT! YOU ARE THE REASON!

So, I'm just as bad as someone who's entire network is running off an iPhone and using data 24/7? Bullsh*t.

BTW: With the proper codecs, movies don't use that much bandwidth.
--
Bresnan 18M/1M
MyWS[E5200@3.75GHz,4GB RAM,2x1TB HDDs,Win7]
WifeWS[A64@2GHz,2GB RAM,120GB HDD,Win7]
Router[2xP3@1GHz,512MB RAM,18GB HDD,SMC 8432BTA,2xDigital DE504,Compaq NC3131,Intel Pro/1000MT,IBM Gigabit Ethernet-SX,Allied Telesyn AT2560FX,Gentoo Linux]

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
said by Simba7:

So, I'm just as bad as someone who's entire network is running off an iPhone and using data 24/7? Bullsh*t.

No, you are not bad whatsoever which is my point.

I use my phone for news apps, email, maybe a little music, etc....and blow past the 2gb every month.

I laugh at someone calling me a "heavy user" which some here have said anyone over several GB's is if they do so on their phone.

I am not sure what exactly an "abuser" is but some here mention that they simply teethering or download/upload 24/7 using MASSIVE gb's....and I guess that is what an "abuser" is....

So how AT&T and others figured that imposing a low 2gbs to stop those abusers is an utter joke. Criminal, imo