capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to MsTerra

to MsTerra

Re: [MA] Where is the snow!!

said by MsTerra:

said by capecoddah:

I skated halfway down the driveway before deciding YakTrax would save me from further embarrassment.

Do those work well on plain ice? I was thinking of getting a pair because there are a lot of ice patches on sidewalks at downspouts in my neighborhood, and walking to work can be an, um, adventure.

They work great for ice and snow. Dangerous on tile floor (don't walk into a store with them on).
I got these Stabilicers Lite from Leon Leonwood Bean and they are better because they have little rubber doo-dads for inside wear.

Or full crampons and an ice axe.

MsTerra
Mouthy Broad
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Nerdvana

MsTerra

Premium Member

said by capecoddah:

said by MsTerra:

said by capecoddah:

I skated halfway down the driveway before deciding YakTrax would save me from further embarrassment.

Do those work well on plain ice? I was thinking of getting a pair because there are a lot of ice patches on sidewalks at downspouts in my neighborhood, and walking to work can be an, um, adventure.

They work great for ice and snow. Dangerous on tile floor (don't walk into a store with them on).
I got these Stabilicers Lite from Leon Leonwood Bean and they are better because they have little rubber doo-dads for inside wear.

Or full crampons and an ice axe.

Well, unless L.L. Bean can do instantaneous delivery, I'll have to settle for YakTrax. They're available at stores one or two T stops from here - and judging by Sarah See Profile's post, I might want to sneak out after lunch to buy a pair before hell Cambridge freezes over. Argh.