Premium
join:2002-08-20
Nerdvana
kudos:2
reply to Sarah

Re: [MA] Where is the snow!!

said by Sarah:

said by MsTerra:

Lucky bastard. You should see the mess we're stuck with down here. I got my YakTrax earlier, but I'm still kind of dreading going back out.

It's solid ice now, but it's not that bad in most places.

It froze solid so quickly that you can see quite detailed shoe and bootprints in the solid ice on the sidewalk in some places...

Heh. We must have some serious microclimates going on in our city. When I walked home from the gym ~7:45 there was still a lot of slush and liquid puddles. The thinner slush was frozen, but some of the heavier slush was more like congealed.

I'm actually looking forward to it being all frozen by morning. There were some huge puddles at crosswalks along the way.
--
"Strive to change the world in such a way that there's no further need to be a dissident." Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
said by MsTerra:

Heh. We must have some serious microclimates going on in our city. When I walked home from the gym ~7:45 there was still a lot of slush and liquid puddles. The thinner slush was frozen, but some of the heavier slush was more like congealed.

Maybe you have a lot of pollution down there bringing down the freezing temps of the slush and water It was low-mid 20s Fahrenheit when I left work.

Of course the larger slush ponds always will take a while to freeze.
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!