uniqs
cooldude9919
join:2000-05-29

1 edit

1 recommendation

cooldude9919 to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4

Re: BH is correct

Agreed. See my post over at stop the cap as well, ill repost it here as well. Read the article clearly and it mentions fiber to the BUSINESS several times. Nowhere does it mention FTTH, which karl somewhat implies in his article by mentioning previous postings about residential advertisements. I hate shady advertising as much as the next guy and think those that do it should be called out on it. I also think those calling them out should provide accurate information.

Post from STC

Bright House does sell fiber internet services at least to businesses, our business has it Indianapolis and possibily in Orlando at a new location. Most cable MSO’s sell fiber based services to businesses since they already have fiber in the market due to the coax/fiber nature of their business, but there isnt really a set rate. Each pricing is based on construction charges, speed, and length of contract. We have fiber services from the following cable companies;

Charter
Time Warner Cable
Brigthouse Networks
Comcast
Mediacom
Cox

Pricing certianly doesnt compare to a community type fiber offering such as LUS, but it is normally better than pricing from AT&T for similar speed T1/Fiber offerings. Ive seen pricing anywhere from $600 for 10mbps, $800 for 15mbps/15mbps to $850 for 5mbps/5mbps.

When you called into bright house you probably got to a normal business account rep. You would nee to talk to a “Dedicated Access Account Executive” in the “Enterprise Services” level. They would have to do a site survey of your “location” before giving for a firm price. Obviously the account person you spoke to didnt really know what they where talking about.

I support community fiber offerings 100% and we even have it from a local power company in paducah ky and i would love to get it more places if i could, but most of the time we have to settle for something else.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by cooldude9919:

Most cable MSO’s sell fiber based services to businesses since they already have fiber in the market due to the coax/fiber nature of their business, but there isnt really a set rate. Each pricing is based on construction charges, speed, and length of contract. We have fiber services from the following cable companies;

Charter
Time Warner Cable
Brigthouse Networks
Comcast
Mediacom
Cox

Businesses, at least in major metro areas, have been able to negotiate deals to bring fiber to a building for at least the last 20 yrs. First from telcos and then from cable companies as well. But there is no price chart. All these deals are negotiated contracts with SLAs and penalties for non-compliance.

Other than Verizon Fios, some municipal systems, and some greenfield developments, FTTH with standardized price sheets is still a long way from being available. And as long as HFC systems can potentially deliver 100 Mbps to a residence at a cheaper cost than FTTH, then FTTH will rollout slowly.