join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

BHNtechXpert to Bob Elek

Premium Member

to Bob Elek

Re: Bright House and fiber

said by Bob Elek :

This is Bob Elek with Verizon in Florida. Great post - we've been dealing with this sort of disingenuous treatment of their fiber/coax network since we introduced the FiOS all fiber network in the Tampa Bay area in 2005. Today, over 1.1 million premises - 39 percent of which are small businesses - can order FiOS broadband service with nothing more than a phone call. That call can net them standalone Internet service with 150/35 Mbps for a monthly price of $229.99. Take it with a two-year contract and the price drops to $204.99...and add voice services and it's even lower. You don't have to take the top tier - there are other speeds as well. And that's not just Florida - businesses in 11 other states and D.C. can get the same thing. This is outside of the extensive fiber we've had for long-haul and larger business applications since the '90s. Today small businesses need the capacity as badly as large enterprises - and nothing gives you that like a pure fiber connection to the home or business.

Yawn...geez look what the cat drug in. Sniff sniff...stinks too

Verizon (especially this clown Elek) pointing the disingenuous finger at anyone is enough to make me fall out of my chair laughing. Shall I list all the ways Verizon engages in this activity on a daily basis? Do you really want me to go there?

And you were saying what now?

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

Verizon (especially this clown Elek) pointing the disingenuous finger at anyone is enough to make me fall out of my chair laughing. Shall I list all the ways Verizon engages in this activity on a daily basis? Do you really want me to go there?

With respect:
He was proactively listing Verizon's offerings. You... did not.

I came looking for a post from you. One where you'd list some of Brighthouse's Fiber-to-the-endpoint offerings - in detail.
Offerings that would be available to most WCF BH customers.

In light of my expectations, I found your response disappointing.

NV
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

4 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Noah Vail:

said by BHNtechXpert:

With respect:
He was proactively listing Verizon's offerings. You... did not.

I came looking for a post from you. One where you'd list some of Brighthouse's Fiber-to-the-endpoint offerings - in detail.
Offerings that would be available to most WCF BH customers.

In light of my expectations, I found your response disappointing.

NV

Sorry I failed to live up to your expectations Noah. What did you expect me to say? That the original article at "Stop the Cap" was a load of crap, full of half truths, reckless conclusions and clearly smacked of an ulterior motive and was communicated with such sarcasim that it's hard to grasp what the real intent of the article was.

Or maybe it was that Karl with his copycat post here at DSLR had been nothing less than a willing sock puppet who didn't bother to fact check before writing his post? Maybe it was that Karl (like the original editor) didn't want to hear the truth because it does nothing to further their well known agenda that being muni based fiber paid for by a public wallet that no longer contains any cash?

Happy now Noah? Honestly if you must know the truth neither the original article nor Karls failed attempt at a copy were worthy of much comment. I saw them for what they were and had planned to leave it alone. But since you asked...

Noah you also fail to realize I'm here to help people with their broadband technology issues and to have a good time now and again. The arguments raised in the original article and Karls post are things that frankly I could care less about. I don't care whether I have fiber to the house or coax...just so long as I have a reasonable speed up/down and it's reliable...all of those things I have right now with my coax connection thank you very much.

Cheers!