how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sikkwidditt

join:2010-12-14
Fremont,CA

SB6120 Blue light?

I have MOTOROLA SB6120 , I have BLUE light on Receive and Send they are both blue , I just wanted to know if this is good or bad?

Youngjm

join:2002-04-01
Ada, MI
The blue light represents that your channels are bonded for better through put. 192.168.100.1. That will take you to the information pages of your cable modem. From there you can browse through the pages and you will see 4 downstream channels bonded together. Basically, you have been upgraded to DOCSIS 3.0

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
said by Youngjm:

From there you can browse through the pages and you will see 4 downstream channels bonded together. Basically, you have been upgraded to DOCSIS 3.0

It could be only two or three channels in some areas..

nysports4evr
Premium
join:2010-01-23
kudos:1
reply to sikkwidditt
If both Send and Receive are blue, he has upstream channel bonding as well, which is unusual (not bad).

sikkwidditt

Fremont,CA
reply to sikkwidditt
The thing is when the tech installed my HSI he uses an old coax I only get BLUE light on RECEIVE, but last night I saw a brand new coax that comes with my cable converter, so I used that one, which I got the BLUE light on SEND, Im just wondering should I leave it alone or put back the old coax? Thanks!

Youngjm

join:2002-04-01
Ada, MI
reply to nysports4evr
said by nysports4evr:

If both Send and Receive are blue, he has upstream channel bonding as well, which is unusual (not bad).

Agree! If I recall correctly the send/receive light flashes blue so I was thinking the OP was looking at the wrong light? Maybe a sign of some upcoming changes?

nysports4evr
Premium
join:2010-01-23
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to sikkwidditt
said by sikkwidditt:

The thing is when the tech installed my HSI he uses an old coax I only get BLUE light on RECEIVE, but last night I saw a brand new coax that comes with my cable converter, so I used that one, which I got the BLUE light on SEND, Im just wondering should I leave it alone or put back the old coax? Thanks!

I would leave the new cable. Would you mind posting us a screenshot of »192.168.100.1/cmSignal.htm ?

Thanks!

sikkwidditt

Fremont,CA
reply to sikkwidditt
here is the screenshot

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ
Well how about that, let alone two he's got three bonded upstream carriers. This is the first time I've seen that. They may be still testing in his area.

sikkwidditt

Fremont,CA
reply to sikkwidditt
is that good or bad?

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ

1 recommendation

It's a MIRACLE !!

In all seriousness it's a very good sign !

sikkwidditt

Fremont,CA
reply to sikkwidditt
hopefully it is! thanks!

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ
reply to sikkwidditt
Upload till ya drop !!

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
reply to sikkwidditt
Well you have two 64qam upstream channels and one 16qam upstream, not bad at all. You should be able to hit close to 25-30mbps on the upstream, but right now only powerboost. Still nice to have more then one upstream channel.

sikkwidditt

Fremont,CA
reply to sikkwidditt
ya but im still not happy with my speed though,I have Blast 20mbps/Comcast service, because I only hit 15-20 mbps speed wirelessly and 20-30 mbps speed wired!
My router that is connected to sb6120 is Buffalo WHR-G300N..I think I should get more speed over 30 mbps with that docsis 3.0. What you guys think?

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
said by sikkwidditt:

ya but im still not happy with my speed though,I have Blast 20mbps/Comcast service, because I only hit 15-20 mbps speed wirelessly and 20-30 mbps speed wired!
My router that is connected to sb6120 is Buffalo WHR-G300N..I think I should get more speed over 30 mbps with that docsis 3.0. What you guys think?

Well run shaperprobe, and see what results you can come up with »www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffpr···obe.html . Don't expect same speed results over wireless compared to wired, to many things to factor in.

bandit8623

join:2004-09-08
Minneapolis, MN
reply to sikkwidditt
make sure u have everything on wireless n. if ur on wireless g u will have issue with speed.

do u not get over 20 meg on power boost on a wired pc?

tbh power boost isnt that great anyway, last for like 10 seconds anyway. i would be more worried about staying at the 16 meg your line should stay stable at.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to sikkwidditt
said by sikkwidditt:

You are only going to get the sustained rate caps that the modem is provisioned for no matter what the system actually has the capability to provide..

KingKuei6

join:2002-11-18
Union City, CA
reply to sikkwidditt
HOLY CRAP!!! UPSTREAM BONDING!!!

Can we get some shots of the "Configuration" and "Help" pages?

1) Would like to see the firmware & date and boot version.

2) Would like to see status of IP Mode, wondering if it is now at IPv6.

P.S. If your router's uplink port is gigabit capable, you should also get a blue light on ETHERNET. I have found that due to overhead, even a Fast Ethernet (100Mbps) port can create a bottleneck for data throughput depending on the manufacturer, where as Gigabit Ethernet provides sufficient overhead.

n0xlf

join:2001-03-28
Castle Rock, CO
I believe this is a first here!

Now I'll be anxiously waiting to see if it hits here, and if there is any associated increase in the provisioned upstream...

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to sikkwidditt
/me reboots modem

Edit- DAMN IT

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to KingKuei6
said by KingKuei6:

P.S. If your router's uplink port is gigabit capable, you should also get a blue light on ETHERNET

I have no trouble getting a blue light on the uplink (Airport Extreme) ... now I want the Blue on the OTHER side!

I hope we are close!

Bill W
--
Old dogs can learn new tricks!

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA
OP: I envy you.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
said by GmDude66:

OP: I envy you.

Me too I have one Blue Light on my 6120, the bottom one (indicating a 1Gbps LAN connection), the rest are all Green, yep, no D3 for us yet

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA
Ouch, I at least down downstream channel bonding :P

2 blues

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
said by GmDude66:

Ouch, I at least down downstream channel bonding :P

2 blues

We are supposed to have D3 here by sometime this summer, we'll see I guess.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
Ah, I've been wondering when we were going to get it. I'm using a WRT54GL router, so all green here.

OP: Post some speedtests, I want to see what your upstream hits .
--
KI6RIT

sikkwidditt

Fremont,CA
reply to sikkwidditt
here is the snap shot I took!

sikkwidditt

Fremont,CA
reply to KingKuei6
Ye I know I should've got a gigabit router capable. so I should've got blue light instead of amber, I just have Buffalo Nfiniti WHR-G300N v2

sikkwidditt

Fremont,CA
reply to EG
Hey EG, you are right, my upload gone crazy fast!