uniqs
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs to seaprobe

to seaprobe

Re: February 2011 Sprint 4G WiMax speeds

said by seaprobe:

Uploading a large email attachment, my sustained rate was about 0.24, or less than half of this. Still, much better than I had with EVDO.

Still, that's a problem on the upload side. Your minimum average upload speed should be .5 mbps or 500kbps. I just checked Sunnyvale on the Sprint coverage map, and most of it is not only covered by 4G but has the more powerful indoor (dark blue) coverage, so you almost certainly have a problem. If you check »coverage.sprint.com/IMPA ··· coverage , and put in your Sunnyvale street address, you'll know for sure if you're in an indoor, outdoor or NO-door(!) (i.e. 3G) area. But the odds favor indoor, considering the percentage of Sunnyvale that has 4G.

If the map confirms what I suspect, it's time you called Sprint; that upload is just not right. The upload speed is capped, yes; but it's capped at 1mbps, and you're only getting anywhere from a half to a quarter of that; that's not right.
seaprobe
join:2006-07-16
Sunnyvale, CA

seaprobe

Thank you, criggs. Yes, I am in a blue area, and have three bars in my house. 4G was turned on in my block only a few weeks ago, and has improved from 2 to 3 bars since then (RSSI is now -73), so I have a strong signal.

I was also using a VPN to my company, and I can't say with confidence this was due to the 4G or to VPN concentrators overloaded, or the exchange server. Too many variables to lay the blame on Sprint.

Triptrailz
@clearwire-wmx.net

Triptrailz to criggs

Anon

to criggs
I just recieved the 4g USB U9109 and the docking bay. I've been using it, and here is what i have been consistently getting so far

Now first of all, i am not in Seattle washington, I'm in NYC. Secondly, it is saying that my ISP is clearwire corp., when it should be saying Sprint PCS. I D/Led the driver from the sprint webpage and not the CD it came with. could that be an issue? my cd drive is not functioning properly at the momemt.
heres what i get when i change the server to new york, NY.
Its looking better but still not where i want it to be. I called sprint and my first attempt was aweful. The woman i spoke seemed to have no clue as to what i was talking about and gave me a number to call that ended up being a fax number. I will try calling again tomorrow but if anyone here can help me that would be great.
criggs
New York, NY

criggs

said by Triptrailz :

Secondly, it is saying that my ISP is clearwire corp., when it should be saying Sprint PCS.

I noticed that your name has an @clearwire-wmx.net attached to it. How come?
said by Triptrailz :

I D/Led the driver from the sprint webpage and not the CD it came with. could that be an issue?

Frankly, I doubt it, but others here may have more to say on that.
said by Triptrailz :

I will try calling again tomorrow but if anyone here can help me that would be great.

About the only thing I can suggest assumes you have a Windows XP-or-earlier computer, in which case you can take advantage of the Tweaks-DrTCP pages on this web site. In addition, others on this site have a lot of experience with external antennas, which could also help with your issue. Other than that, there's really not much you can do, except hope you find a Sprint Tech Support person who can find it with a rake.

And, just to keep this thread on track, here's what I'm getting today:

triptrailz
@clearwire-wmx.net

triptrailz

Anon

This is a new comp that came with Vista already installed. I did notice that My name had clearwire-mxe.net on it and i have no clue as to why it would say that. I do not have an email with clearwire. Sorry about that double post, the last post was actually submitted a few hours before the one right before it. any help would be great.
criggs
New York, NY

criggs

said by triptrailz :

This is a new comp that came with Vista already installed.

In that case, don't even bother with the Tweaks and DrTCP and all that jazz; it's irrelevant for Vista and Windows 7.

Which just leaves you the external antenna option, I'm afraid, about which I'm the wrong guy to ask, sorry.
criggs

criggs to triptrailz

to triptrailz
Hey, Triptrailz, have you taken a look at your CINR? Arjj may be on to something! Take a look at his postings today!!

triptrailz
@clearwire-wmx.net

triptrailz

Anon

heres what i'm getting now... Still says i'm in seattle. My CINR score ranges anywhere from 12-18. I went to maxmind.com for more info and heres what i got
Your IP Address 50.12.18.75
Countries United States
Region NY (New York)
US Area Code 718
US Metro Code 501
Global Cities Bronx
US Zipcode*
Latitude/Longitude 40.8499/-73.8769
ISP Clearwire Corporation
Organization Clearwire Corporation
Netspeed Cable/DSL
Domain Name clearwire-wmx.net

I'm moving into manhattan in 3 days so i hope this all changes. My ISP is not clearwire. Why is my domain name clearwire-wmx.net... I'm going to try this on my laptop and i'll post what i get...

Triptrailz
@clearwire-wmx.net

Triptrailz

Anon

Same results on my laptop. I'm going to order the overdrive. I'll see how both perform after i move and i'll return 1 of them. I'm a little nervous because i'm in a zone right now that is blanketed in 4g indoor service and the place i'm moving to is borderline some-indoor(lighter blue) and indoor.

Wow, these are the highest i've seen so far.

HSDays
join:2007-11-26
Reynoldsburg, OH

HSDays

Beware of the Overdrive!! I would wait for this little beauty to be released...

»www.slashgear.com/mifi-3 ··· 5123383/

triptrailz
@clearwire-wmx.net

triptrailz

Anon

that does look nice. What do you call that thing?

Heres some pretty bad numbers. I'm moving soon and i would like something that can replace dsl/cable. This U1901 usb modem is just not cutting it for me. I have yet to test it at my new apartment so i will see what happens after i move. I will try these options if i dont see improvement.
1. Try the overdrive
2. pay the cancelation fee ($200+) on my iphone and get the HTC evo or shift and use that as my permanent ISP and pray that it performs better for me. actually i would get the evo or shift first, then cancel my iphone incase i get screwed.
3. wait for that new hotspot item.
4. keep my iphone, get the htc evo, return the USB modem, get the new Hotspot unit, return the htc evo or that new hotspot thing.