indeed.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
Sure does! They finally "merged" system. I was able to access both my XM and Sirius from ONE site.

pjhofmann
join:2000-08-22
Argyle, TX

pjhofmann to Harddrive

to Harddrive
I can't click in the damm thing, and entering my username/password was a lesson in patience, sucks doesn't describe it. Are we the alpha testers?

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

hell no. they rolled it out to everyone without testing it or getting any customer feedback.
for being a 'pay to play' service, they sure do like banging us in the shitter when there are tons of other free alternatives out there.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

This is the last year I think I am going to keep the service, for both cars def not worth it. Won't combine XM and Sirius radios, still claim billing is separate, so can't give discounts. When I mentioned the last time I was canceling that I had alot of alternative, ipod, mp3s,Pandora, last FM, slacker, they caved and gave me the $77 deal for a year.

Jeff
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium Member
join:2002-12-24
GMT -5

Jeff to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
The new online listening GUI sucks. It's awful. Sometimes I can't log-in, and when I can finally get in, it logs me off 30-60 mins later without any warning.

I clicked on the link to the old app the other day and it still worked. I might go back to that for the time being.

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
Yeah, not impressed at all.

pjhofmann
Argyle, TX

pjhofmann to Harddrive

to Harddrive
Seems a little better these days, although today it just seems to cut out every few minutes or so for a few seconds. Anyone see the "We hear you" disclaimer on the login page, they must be getting lots of complaints .

denb45
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04
Albuquerque, NM

1 edit

2 recommendations

denb45

Premium Member

It's a downgrade to what they use to have, the new-player is ACC-64bit Flash-player and NOT WMA-128bit Player, like it use to be, it sounds awful to me, and instead I just use this one, if you still want and miss the WMA-128bit stream, it works w/ both Sirius or XM whatever you subscribe to HERE IT IS:

»www.xmtuner.net/

OAPartyRock
@cavtel.net

OAPartyRock to Harddrive

Anon

to Harddrive
The old ActiveX control page was better, this one is terrible... and seriously, no way to remember user name / password? Bit of an inconvenience. The UI itself is completely stupid and crappy to use.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to denb45

Premium Member

to denb45

WOW!!

denb45, i want to take a moment and say thank you for pointing me to that application. it's most awesome.
Harddrive

Harddrive to denb45

Premium Member

to denb45

Re: New XM Online GUI

so now that even the website for xmtuner.net is offline (the single guy doing all the work didn't have the time to update the software after the channel changes), is there any alternative player software out there besides that crappy GUI player from SXM?

pjhofmann
Argyle, TX

pjhofmann

Even afer the channel changes in early May XMTuner still works for me, though you have to look at the icon to find the channel rather than the heading in the channel list.

xmtuner.net is up for me btw.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

well for channels that switch to a channel that wasn't already programmed, such as Octane 48 -> 37, you lose out. there is no way to get that channel to play.

pjhofmann
Argyle, TX

pjhofmann

Touche, I never listen to any channel that wasn't programmed before. Hopefully the author can get around to it when his time permits.