share rss forum feed

marti
Color outside the lines
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX
kudos:5

Mr Sun has returned!

Party time! Mr Sun came back from vacation and has been streaming into my house. Cats are all hanging out in the kitchen and loving it. I opened my garage for the first time in days!

I have been mostly hiding out in my house since Tuesday. I hope to get out next week and run some errands. Would like to go out tomorrow, but am sure the places I want to go will be packed with other folks that have been hiding out inside.
--
Team Discovery

Pozole

join:2010-03-29
Missouri City, TX

Oh yes! The weekend was gorgeous. I felt like a bear hibernating in my house the past week but finally was able to go out into the backyard on Saturday to do some cleanup. I have to say though, the frigid cold temperatures are a welcome once or twice a year just to change up the tempo for a while because we all know the summer temperatures won't wait to come back in Houston for another long stretch before a mild Fall/Autumn rolls around.

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety
Premium,Ex-Mod 2000-13
join:2000-06-04
Katy, TX
reply to marti

Only a brief respite it appears. Looks like we are in for a bit of a repeat, hoping that we are a bit warmer and the forecast rain does not need an adjective like "freeze" associated with it. February is always my least liked month. Oh well in a couple months this will all be a distant memory.

mr sean
Professional Infidel
Premium,ExMod 2001-07
join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia
kudos:1

Ye Gods its Cold!!!

Oh...
Wait.

Been there done that.
Sorry.

But yesterday I had ice on my porch @4pm, and it stayed till past noon today. Hell if this keeps up I might just pack my bags and move where they have a real winter. I think its the swings between 20 degrees and 70 degrees that do me in....
--
How you can make the world a Better Place

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety
Premium,Ex-Mod 2000-13
join:2000-06-04
Katy, TX

1 edit

Not to worry it looks like we get a brief Spring next week and I am sure by the end of the month global warming will have us back in the 90s. Yay sweat is on the way! Seriously though I threw out all my long underwear some 16 years ago and lately some of those flannel leggings at Amazon are looking pretty good.

MTBikerChris
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Broomfield, CO

You to are way funny... Going to be in the 60's here for the weekend and then colder mid 50's all next week.