how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

focusdchaos

join:2003-04-29
San Antonio, TX

What is wrong with my Uverse?

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with our Uverse. We have 18mbps service, internet only. Our speeds are generally very slow (3-5mbps), often extremely slow (.5-3mbps), and occasionally fast 10+mbps.

We get sporadic service interuptions, which are usually resolved by rebooting the iNid.

ATT came out a few weeks ago, but the tech initially said nothing was wrong. Then she said there were some errors on the 2nd DSL line and they would send a lineman out to fix it.

I'm located in San Antonio, TX.

Thanks yall!

texasguy37
Premium
join:2009-05-18
Grand Prairie, TX
Are those speeds wired or wireless? Also, why OS are you using?

focusdchaos

San Antonio, TX
That particular screenshot is wireless, but I get the same on my son's desktop that is hard wired.

Everything in the house is Windows7.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit
Looking to me like both of your Bonded VDSL2 lines are bridge tapped -- Big loss of bit rates at about .2 MHz & at about .7 MHz

At least I assume the way to read the Pair Bonded Bits Loading chart here is Line 1 is the bottom/darker colored graph, whereas Line 2 is the top/lighter colored graph

When you say you are testing via "HardWired" are you Hardwired into the outdoor i3812 itself via the Ethernet port of the Outdoor Unit? Or are you hardwired into the i38 indoor access point Unit?

focusdchaos

San Antonio, TX
I run Ethernet from the iNID to a Zyxel router. I've removed the Zyxel router and ran speed tests directly connected to the iNID with similar results.

At first we used the i38 access point, but when we would have drops in service it would take 30+ minutes for it to come back up. Now when it drops I'm usually back in in less than 5 minutes if reboot the iNID.

Thanks!

93lt1z28

join:2001-01-17
texas
reply to focusdchaos
I could be wrong but i thought the highest internet package to be sold for inid's was 12meg because of speed issues unless something has changed recently. It was a known issue unless it has been corrected recently.

focusdchaos

San Antonio, TX
They said I qualified for 18 so I took it. I've had it since August.

teicher

join:2010-06-30
reply to focusdchaos
How long has this been a problem? The stats indicate your line is having a lot of troubles. I'm surprised the tech said it was OK to begin with. Your upstream rate looks strange, too, its 1594 instead of 2040. I figured you'd have a 25/2 profile, not a 25/1.5 profile. Pair bonding ought to give you plenty of bandwidth, as long as the wiring is decent and the inid is working correctly. If I were you, I'd revert back to the 2wire access point and open a ticket.