spc
uniqs

JMD
@bellsouth.net

JMD to NetFixer

Anon

to NetFixer

Re: [Line Problem] AT&T DSL Frequently Losing Internet Connectio

Yeah, I don't think the problem is my modem since they sent us a replacement and that didn't fix it.

Is it possible it could be a physical wiring problem? I would think a damaged cable or bad/noisy termination would result in a loss of DSL sync, not just a PPP session drop.

Regarding AT&T tech support, does anybody know a magic word to break out of Tier 1's troubleshooting flowchart? Do I have to fill out a blue presidential prisoner release form?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by JMD :

Yeah, I don't think the problem is my modem since they sent us a replacement and that didn't fix it.

Is it possible it could be a physical wiring problem? I would think a damaged cable or bad/noisy termination would result in a loss of DSL sync, not just a PPP session drop.

Regarding AT&T tech support, does anybody know a magic word to break out of Tier 1's troubleshooting flowchart? Do I have to fill out a blue presidential prisoner release form?

I already said (based on your posted symptoms) that it did not sound like a physical problem over which you have any control.

If you want to register with this site, you can post your problem in the AT&T Direct forum. You need to register because the techs communicate with you via this site's IM feature. Also, be sure to read (and follow) the instructions on the forum home page so that your problem will get the proper handling (and not get shuffled to the back of the queue). I mention this, because it may take a couple of days before you hear back from one of the techs, and if you get impatient and go back and make additional posts in your thread before one of the AT&T techs starts processing your problem, it will definitely delay getting help.
MelMel27
join:2011-05-02
Greer, SC

MelMel27 to JMD

to JMD
Ok So I have had the same exact problem which started around Jan. I, like you have spent countless hours on the phone with at&t tech support. Here it is May and I am still having this problem. I did have someone from the "Office of the President" to contact me about a week ago, only after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Here are two of the numbers where they called me. One lady's name is Tonya Howell. 404-986-8615. I'm not sure what the other woman's name is but the number is 404-541-4227. Maybe if we get enough people with the same problem they will do something. I made them credit my bill for 2 of the months and cut it in half one month. I refuse to pay for a service that I can't use. It's crap and they Need to fix it. I wish I could help you more. If you fins a solution PLEASE let me know!
Thanks