how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Davidr627

join:2010-12-29
reply to BlackIce

Re: Speed ?

Speed Increase..sounds like its on the way! Recently, I received my bill with an attachment. With in the attachment, there was one sentence that caught my eye"...plans to increase other High-speed internet service speeds in April 2011"?

The ABB service in Grasonville MD currently maxes out at 8mb down. Anyone have any ideas what the new speeds would be?

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
kudos:1

That's awesome. Do you mind posting a scan/photo of this notice?

I imagine that if you're as rural as I am, my area will probably see a similar speed increase.

I heard rumors a few months back that business lines are going to be offered as something like 20Mbit down, and potentially that much up too, but I'm not holding my breath. No word on residential speeds though.

At this point, I'd be ecstatic with 12 or 15Mbit down and at least 1.5Mbit up, but the more the better

What speeds are you hoping to see?

Davidr627

join:2010-12-29

B,

Sorry... I chucked the letter a few days ago. It was more of a notice about service enhancements and rate increases. Then, ABB through in a few lines in there for their HS internet consumers. The rate increase was small, about a buck or two.

If we get 20MB down, I would fall out of my chair. However, I speculate that it would be more like 12-15 MB down. Once I see an increase or more news I’ll post something up.

ABB_Lisa,

Can you please share any insight about a upcoming speed increase in the Grasonville MD area?

Thanks

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
kudos:1

I suspect she isn't going to reply:

ABB_Lisa

I wonder if its worth calling ABB and asking what tiers they are adding.

blackice72

join:2010-12-01
Perryville, MD

I moved up to their MegaMax (cost me another 7-8$/m). I will post some speeds when I get home, but from memory

Download 15mbs
Upload 1.6mbs
ping went up a tad avg around 40ms.

Overall much happier.

F34R

join:2007-10-29

I too have the megax, and here are two speed tests done today:
15/1.5 are the quoted speeds

From their speedtest site:
Download Speed: 18759 kbps (2344.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1618 kbps (202.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:58:51 PM

and one from speedtest.net choosing a server: